HYDERABAD VS. BANGALORE: INDIAN T20 LEAGUE 2021, MATCH 6 | MATCH PREDICTION AND FANTASY CRICKET TIPS
In match six of the Indian T20 League 2021, 2016 champions Hyderabad take on Bangalore at the MA Chidambaram Stadium in Chennai on Wednesday.
Bangalore started their season with a last-ball victory over Mumbai in the opening match of the tournament. Cameos from their star players V Kohli, G Maxwell, and de Villiers helped the team get over the line against the defending champions. D Padikkal is available and is expected to play in place of S Ahmed in this match. The bowling was economical with H Patel being the star performer with 5 wickets. Chahal looked erratic and needs a good spell here.
On the other hand, Hyderabad lost their opening match against Kolkata by 10 runs. Chasing a steep target, both the openers were dismissed cheaply. J Bairstow and M Pandey put on a spirited partnership to lift their spirits, but it proved insufficient in the end. The pace trio of B Kumar, S Sharma, and Natarajan had an off-day while the spinners R Khan and M Nabi had picked up 2 wickets each. A better batting and bowling effort will be needed here.
With both teams fighting for the crucial two points, expect a cracking game of cricket at the Chidambaram Stadium on Wednesday.
- Match: Hyderabad vs. Bangalore, Match 6
- Venue: MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai
- Date & Time: Apr. 14, 2021, at 7:30 PM IST
- Head-to-Head Record: Hyderabad (10) – Bangalore (7)
- Last 5 Games Record: Hyderabad (3) – Bangalore (2)
- Average 1st Innings Score (Last 5 Games): 162 runs
- Chasing Record (Last 5 Games): Won 3, Lost 2
Probable Playing XI
D Warner (C), W Saha (WK), M Pandey, J Bairstow, M Nabi, V Shankar, A Samad, R Khan, B Kumar, T Natarajan, S Sharma
D Padikkal, V Kohli (C), R Patidar, AB de Villiers (WK), G Maxwell, D Christian, W Sundar, K Jamieson, M Siraj, H Patel, Y Chahal
Weather and Pitch Report
Chennai is expected to have clear weather during the match. The temperature will be around 29 degrees during the game.
The pitch at the MA Chidambaram Stadium can be termed as a little bowler-friendly. Although there is not much movement for the pacers, the lengths will be key on this surface. The new ball will come onto the bat nicely and the batsmen will look to make the most out of it. As the match progresses, the ball will grip the surface more, assisting the spin bowlers.
The captain that wins the toss should look to bat first here as it becomes difficult to chase here in the second innings. The first-innings score of around 175 runs should be a competitive one.
Top Fantasy Picks
- D Warner has been a little out of form in international cricket, making a few low scores in the home series against India. He failed with the bat in the opening game here also. Nonetheless, he has been sensational for Hyderabad and will look to bounce back with a big innings here.
- M Pandey registered his 19th half-century in the last game, but could not take Hyderabad over the line. He was a little slow at times which put pressure on him and his batting partners. He will look to correct those mistakes and play a match-winning knock in this match.
- R Khan is a superstar of this format and has been a wicket-taker for Hyderabad over the past few seasons. He bowled well in the last match, taking 2 for 24 in his four overs. With the pitch assisting the spinners more, he will look to pick more wickets against Bangalore.
- D Padikkal is returning to the playing XI after missing the first game. He is in pretty good form, scoring runs heavily in the recent domestic tournaments. He was the top run-scorer for Bangalore in the league last year.
- AB de Villiers will look to continue his brilliant form from the last game, where he scored 48 runs from 27 balls and took the team to the brink of victory. He is the third-highest run-scorer against Hyderabad, making 520 runs at an average of 37.14.
- W Sundar bowled just one over and opened the innings with the bat in the last game. With Padikkal back, he is expected to bat in the middle-order and bowl more than an over in this game. He picked up the key wicket of C Lynn against Mumbai.
Howzat Dream Team
- Wicketkeeper: W Saha, AB de Villiers
- Batsmen: D Warner, M Pandey, D Padikkal
- All-rounders: W Sundar, D Christian
- Bowlers: B Kumar, R Khan, T Natarajan, M Siraj
- Captain: D Warner/R Khan
- Vice Captain: AB de Villiers/D Christian
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can select your own fantasy 11, and play all the fantasy cricket matches from the Indian T20 League in the coming days. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 11 is announced by each team (30 minutes before the start of the match) as some players you have selected might not be part of the team suggested.
Get fantasy cricket tips on your favorite fantasy sports app and select your own team, Howzat!