IRELAND VS. SOUTH AFRICA: SA’S TOUR OF IRE 2021, 3rd T20 | MATCH PREDICTION AND FANTASY CRICKET TIPS
Hosts Ireland take on South Africa in the third and final T20 of the series at the Civil Service Cricket Club in Belfast on Saturday.
Ireland will be disappointed with the way they have batted in the first two T20s. Chasing a target of 160 runs, they were bowled out for just 117 and conceded the series to South Africa with a game still to play. The main positives from the last match will be the improved performance from the bowlers, with 2 wickets for pacer Mark Adair and 2 wickets for Paul Stirling with his part-time off-spin. Ireland will look to reshuffle the batting order for the final game of the series and the tour.
Despite being in early trouble, South Africa largely had David Miller to thank for their more than competitive total. Batting first, they were reduced to 58/5 before Miller played an attacking inning, setting the platform for the Proteas victory. Leg-spinner Tabraiz Shamsi continued to weave his magic on the tour, with ample help from his spin partner Bjorn Fortuin, who made the most of his opportunity in the second T20. Kagiso Rabada could be back in the playing XI after being rested in the last T20.
With the result of the series sealed, both sides will look to use this final T20 as an opportunity to find their ideal team for the upcoming T20 World Cup. Nonetheless, expect an exciting game to end this T20 series in Belfast on Saturday.
- Match: Ireland vs. South Africa, 3rd T20
- Venue: Civil Service Cricket Club, Belfast
- Date & Time: Jul. 24, 2021, at 8:30 PM IST/4 PM Local
Probable Playing XI
Paul Stirling, Kevin O’Brien, Andy Balbirnie (C), Harry Tector, George Dockrell, Lorcan Tucker (WK), Shane Getkate Simi Singh, Mark Adair, Josh Little, Craig Young
Quinton de Kock (WK), Temba Bavuma (C), Janneman Malan, Aiden Markram, Rassie van der Dussen, David Miller, Wiaan Mulder, George Linde, Bjorn Fortuin, Kagiso Rabada, Beuran Hendricks
Weather and Pitch Report
The weather is expected to be mostly sunny in Belfast, with less chance of rain during the match. The temperature will be around 22 degrees during the game.
As seen in the previous game, the surface is a slow one here in Belfast. The batters will need to take their time in the middle before going for the big shots, and wickets in hand will be crucial in the end overs. The spinners will play a big part as the pitch gets slower in the second half. The average first-innings score in the last five T20Is played here has been 117 runs.
Although good bowling conditions will be on offer in the first half, the captain winning the toss is likely to opt to bat first. A first-innings score of around 160 runs can be a competitive one on this surface.
Top Fantasy Picks
- Paul Stirling has been more effective with the ball, rather than the bat on this tour. He has now 7 wickets in six T20Is at this venue, including the 2/12 in the last match. He is the most experienced and dangerous Irish batter in this line-up. Expect a big score from him.
- Mark Adair has been a real positive for Ireland in this T20 series. He is the highest wicket taker for the hosts, with 5 wickets in two matches. He also scored 15 runs with the bat. He will look to deliver another all-round performance in this final T20.
- Josh Little continues to impress with the ball for Ireland. Bowling the middle and final overs, he has been economical and picked up key wickets. He has taken 7 wickets in four innings on this tour so far. Expect him to pick up a few more wickets here.
- Quinton de Kock had a pretty average series, given his standards. He has not fired in the first two games, scoring just 47 runs. He is capable of demolishing bowling attacks on his day and will be looking to end the tour on a high note.
- Aiden Markram made a strong start to his T20I career, with 357 runs in 11 matches at a strike rate of 150.63. He has made 4 half centuries, with the highest score of 70. He will look to lock down the No. 4 spot in the batting line-up with a big performance here.
- George Linde has been economical and picked up regular wickets in his short career. His 2 for 26 in the first T20 played a key part in his team defending the target successfully. After being rested in the last game, he will be looking to come back with full energy here.
Howzat Dream Team
- Wicketkeeper: Q de Kock
- Batsmen: P Stirling, H Tector, A Markram
- All-rounders: M Adair, S Singh, G Linde, W Mulder
- Bowlers: J Little, B Hendricks, K Rabada
- Captain: P Stirling/A Markram
- Vice Captain: G Linde/S Singh
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can make your fantasy 11 and play fantasy cricket matches. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 11 is announced by each team (30 minutes before the start of the match) as some players you have selected might not be part of the team suggested.
Get fantasy cricket tips on your favorite fantasy sports app and select your own team, Howzat!