ENGLAND VS SOUTH AFRICA: 2nd T20 | TODAY'S CRICKET MATCH PREDICTION AND TOP FANTASY PICKS
As the T20 World Cup is just around the corner, teams are now in the process of assessing their strengths and weaknesses ahead of the all-important event in Australia. The ongoing T20 series between South Africa and England is being seen as a stage rehearsal, to find out what their best possible combinations could be for the big tournament.
Given the packed schedule, the two sides are again on the field less than 24 hrs after the 1st T20I ended. England Team has the chance to wrap the series up on Thursday, following the 41-run win on Wednesday. Not many changes are likely to be made to their playing 11 though some changes to the team in the bowling department is expected.
South Africa, on the other hand, have had some fresh blood added to the team with the introduction of their pace spearhead K. Rabada. Though the 27-year-old went wicketless in the last match, it is not expected to stay that way until the end of the series, and what better way to get back among the wickets than by taking them at a time when it matters the most.
- Match: England vs South Africa 2nd T20
- Venue: Sophia Gardens, Cardiff
- Date & Time: July 28 2022, at 11 PM IST
- Live Streaming: Sony Six Channel and SonyLIV App
ENGLAND VS SOUTH AFRICA 2nd T20 PROBABLE PLAYING XIs
J. Roy, J. Buttler (C & WK), D. Malan, J. Bairstow, L. Livingstone, M. Ali, S. Curran, C. Jordan, A. Rashid, R. Topley, R. Gleeson
R. Hendricks, Q. de Kock (WK), R. Rossouw, H. Klaasen, D. Miller, T. Stubbs, A. Phehlukwayo, T. Shamsi, K. Maharaj, K. Rabada, L. Ngidi
England vs South Africa T20 Head-to-head Record
The good news from a cricketing point of view is that in spite of the predictions of cloudy weather, rain is not expected at the Sophia Gardens Cricket Ground on Thursday. The temperature is expected to be around 22°C.
SA vs Eng 2nd T20 Pitch Report
Traditionally, the pitch at Sophia Cricket Ground has more to offer to the pacers than the spinners. Having variation in bowling would be good. The average first-innings score at the venue has been 147 runs.
The team winning the toss would prefer to bowl first, given the previous records at this venue. A total of 9 T20I matches have been played at the Sophia Cricket Ground out of which the team bowling first has won 7 and the one batting first has won only 2.
TOP FANTASY PICKS FOR ENG VS SA 2nd T20 Match
- J. Bairstow was the top-scorer of the last match (90 runs off 53 balls), with some help from the South Africa fielders. He has been the backbone of England’s batting this year and the chance of winning their first limited-over series this month will be an added incentive for him.
- M. Ali was adjudged the Player of the Match on Wednesday and with his all-round abilities (52 runs and 1 wicket), he can yet again prove to be a game changer for his side. England looks at Ali as someone who would be able to exploit South Africa’s weakness against spin.
- C. Jordan went wicketless in the last match but gave away only 30 runs in his 4 overs. In a match where more than 420 runs were scored over 2 innings, it is a good effort. Jordan took 8 wickets in 3 matches against India in the recently-concluded T20 series. Expect him to show his death overs skills and pick up a few wickets in this match.
Team South Africa
- R. Hendricks showed a lot of promise in the first T20I in his 57-run innings off just 33 balls. This was his first T20I fifty in the last 7 matches. With his skilful hitting, he could be a difference maker in Cardiff yet again at the start of the innings.
- T Stubbs announced himself on the world stage with a fiery innings studded with 8 sixes and 2 boundaries. His 28-ball 72 runs weren’t enough to take South Africa over the line in Bristol, though. But with the spark already being seen, Stubbs can be the safe bet for this match.
- K. Rabada looked a little rusty following a month-long break from the game. He bowled with good pace and went for just 30 runs in his spell. He has taken 51 wickets in 45 T20Is so far and can pick up wickets here.
ENG VS SA 2nd T20 SUGGESTED HOWZAT TEAM
- Wicketkeepers: J. Buttler, T. Stubbs, H. Klassen
- Batters: R. Hendricks, D. Malan J. Bairstow
- All-rounder: M. Ali
- Bowlers: K. Rabada, T. Shamsi, C. Jordan, R. Gleeson
- Captain: C. Jordan/J. Buttler
- Vice Captain: H. Klassen/K. Rabada
ENG vs SA 2nd T20 – HOWZAT Fantasy Team
NOTE: The Howzat team above is just a suggestion. You can select your own team from today’s fantasy match prediction and play all the fantasy cricket matches of the South Africa Tour of England 2022. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 11 is announced by each team (30 minutes before the start of the match) as some players you have selected might not be part of the team playing.
Download the Howzat fantasy app and select your own team today!