ENGLAND VS SOUTH AFRICA: 3rd T20 | TODAY'S CRICKET MATCH PREDICTION AND TOP FANTASY PICKS
Cardiff failed to deliver the goods for the hosts as the England team suffered a 58-run loss at the hands of South Africa. The Three Lions were second best in most of the areas and have now put pressure on themselves ahead of the final showdown in Southampton. This is the fourth limited-overs tournament they are taking part in this month but are yet to win even a single one.
England would have preferred to rest a few of their stars for the final showdown had they won the series, given the kind of schedule they have coming up . However, their senior in-form players such as J. Bairstow, J. Buttler, M. Ali cannot expect much respite, given the precarious situation they find themselves in.
The South African team will be equally busy for the remainder of the year and will be on the road for most of the time. They will play yet another T20 series against Ireland before their 3 Tests against England. That will be followed by a T20 and ODI series against India before they head to Australia for the T20 World Cup. Having another bilateral T20 trophy under their belt will give them a boost.
- Match: England vs. South Africa 3rd T20
- Venue: Rose Bowl, Southampton
- Date & Time: July 31 2022, at 7 PM IST
- Live Streaming: Sony Six Channel and SonyLIV App
ENGLAND VS SOUTH AFRICA 3rd T20 PROBABLE PLAYING XIs
J. Roy, J. Buttler (C & WK), D. Malan, J. Bairstow, M. Ali, L. Livingstone, S. Curran, D. Willey, C. Jordan, A. Rashid, R. Topley
R. Hendricks, Q. de Kock (WK), R. Rossouw, A. Markram, D. Miller (C), T. Stubbs, A. Phehlukwayo, T. Shamsi, K. Maharaj, K. Rabada, L. Ngidi
England vs South Africa T20 Head-to-head Record
South Africa Won
|Last 5 Matches|
The temperature at Rose Bowl, Southampton, is expected to be around 25 degrees. However, a fact that will worry fans will be the prediction of rain.
SA vs Eng 3rd T20 Pitch Report
The pitch will offer plenty of swing to fast bowlers, specifically early on in the innings. So it gets difficult for top-order batters to get themselves going. There is something on offer for spinners as well. The average first innings score at Southampton has been 174 runs.
The team batting first has won 3 of the last 5 matches and a overally of 6 wins in 10 matches played here. Therefore, the team winning the toss might prefer to bat first.
TOP FANTASY PICKS FOR ENG VS SA 3rd T20 Match
- J. Bairstow is in superb form this English summer. In a match where all England batters struggled, the wicketkeeper batter finished as the highest scorer for his team with 30 runs from 21 deliveries. That takes his overall runs in the series to 120 at an average of 60 and an outstanding strike rate of 162.16.
- D. Malan failed with the bat in the second T20 match under the pressure of a 200-run score. However, one cannot forget how good he has been in the T20 format, 1404 runs in 41 matches. His strike rate this year stands at an impressive 157.1, which would make any world-class bowler shaky.
- M. Ali adds that much-needed all-round quality to the England unit. In the 2nd match, Ali managed to give away a relatively economical spell finishing with 17 runs of 2 overs and taking the important wicket of Q. de Kock. He has also proven himself to be an utility batter, scoring 52 runs off 18 deliveries in the first T20 match and 28 off 17 in the second.
Team South Africa
- R. Hendricks is the second highest run-scorer of the series with back-to-back fifties in the 2 matches played. He followed his 57-run innings off just 33 balls in the first T20I with 53 runs off 32 balls in the 2nd one. He could be a difference maker yet again at the start of the innings.
- R. Russouw was in great form in the 2nd T20I, taking the English bowlers for a ride. His 55-ball 96 was studded with 10 boundaries and 5 sixes. Russouw has a strike rate of 169.5 this year and will be ready to make good use of the form he is in.
- K. Rabada has failed to impress so far, conceding 65 runs off the 7 overs he has bowled in the two matches played. However, one cannot forget the fact that his economy rate this year has been a paltry 7.55. Rabada is due one and what occasion can be greater than the series decider.
ENG VS SA 3rd T20 SUGGESTED HOWZAT TEAM
- Wicketkeepers: J. Buttler, T. Stubbs
- Batters: R. Hendricks, D. Malan J. Bairstow, R. Russouw
- All-rounder: M. Ali
- Bowlers: K. Rabada, C. Jordan, R. Topley, L. Ngidi
- Captain: J. Bairstow/M. Ali
- Vice Captain: R. Russouw/K. Rabada
ENG vs SA 3rd T20 – HOWZAT Fantasy Team
NOTE: The Howzat team above is just a suggestion. You can select your own team from today’s fantasy match prediction and play all the fantasy cricket matches of the South Africa Tour of England 2022. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 11 is announced by each team (30 minutes before the start of the match) as some players you have selected might not be part of the team playing.
Download the Howzat fantasy app and select your own team today!