INDIA VS. SOUTH AFRICA: 5th T20, MATCH PREVIEW, TOP PICKS AND FANTASY CRICKET TIPS
Years from now, it could well be a trivia question. Who was man of the match in India’s first T20 match (the only one the great S. Tendulkar played), who also won the award against the same team nearly 16 years later? D. Karthik, who turned 37 earlier this month, illustrated his enduring value to the India team with a sparkling 55 that helped square the series at 2-2 heading into this deciding contest.
With so many of the first-choice XI rested, India have had to do it the hard way in this series, coming back from 2-0 down. South Africa, who chased down targets with relative ease in the first 2 games, have struggled when the targets have been over 160. They too have experimented with different combinations, with both teams having one eye on the T20 World Cup in Australia later this year.
Surprisingly, South Africa have had the better of this rivalry on Indian soil, and India will once again rely on their new-look bowling attack – B. Kumar and Y. Chahal are the experienced cogs – to push them over the line.
- Match: India vs. South Africa, 5th T20I
- Venue: M Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bangalore
- Date & Time: June 19, 2022, at 7 PM IST
- Live Streaming: Star Sports channels and Disney+ Hotstar app
IND vs SA 5th T20 Probable Playing XIs
R. Gaikwad, I. Kishan, S. Iyer, R. Pant (C & WK), H. Pandya, D. Karthik, A. Patel, H. Patel, B. Kumar, Y. Chahal, A. Khan
South Africa Team
Q. de Kock (WK), R. Hendricks, R. van der Dussen, H. Klaasen, D. Miller, D. Pretorius, T. Stubbs, K. Maharaj (C), A. Nortje, L Ngidi, A. Nortje
India vs South Africa Head-to-Head Record
|India Won||South Africa Won||Tied/NR|
|Last 5 Matches||2||3||0|
There's a high chance of rain playing spoilsport during the match time. The temperature will be a pleasant 22°C , though the players will have to deal with humidity.
IND vs SA 5th T20 Pitch Report
TIt’s now nearly 3 years since the Chinnaswamy Stadium hosted a T20I, and with no Indian T20 League games played there this past season, no one really knows how the surface will play. Typically, it’s been a high-scoring venue with boundaries that are easy to clear. The average first innings score in T20Is here is 155 runs.
A sample size of 7 international matches between 2012 and 2019 isn’t much to go on. But 5 of those matches were won by the chasing side, with 191 being the biggest target chased down.
Top Fantasy Picks for IND vs SA 5th T20 Match
- I. Kishan has been by far the best batter in this series. He is the leading run-getter in this series with 191 runs at a strike rate of 146.92, with two fifties. He continued his good form in the series, making 27 runs off 26 balls in the 4th T20I.
- D. Karthik’s never-say-die spirit is on full display despite spending years out of the team. He has now won match-of-the-match awards in 3 different decades. The 55 in the last game was his 1st half-century for India in the format.
- H. Patel is one of the certainties out of as many as half a dozen bowlers tussling for a place in the T20 World Cup squad, provided he stays fit. He has 18 wickets from 12 T20Is at an economy rate of 8.13. Harshal is the highest wicket-taker of the series, with 7 wickets at an average of 12.57.
- Q. de Kock very much sets the tone for South Africa at the top of the order. With 11 half-centuries from 63 games, he has been the star in this format for the visitors. Given his potential and abilities, his strike-rate of 134.60 could be better though.
- R. van der Dussen has been quiet since his 75-run knock in the first match of the series. He has a brilliant record in T20Is, an average of 38.15 and a strike rate of 130.38 after 38 matches. In this series, he has made 97 runs in four innings at a strike rate of 125.97.
- L. Ngidi is a wicket-taker in every format of the game. Though his career hasn’t quite taken off as expected after a thrilling debut against India in 2018, he has 38 from 24 T20I matches, though the economy rate of 8.87 is a touch high.
Key Stats for IND vs SA Fantasy Cricket
|Player||Stats (This Series)||Howzat Fantasy Points|
|I. Kishan (WK)||191 runs||294 points|
|R. Van der Dussen (BAT)||97 runs||176 points|
|D. Pretorius (ALL)||53 runs and 5 wickets||220 points|
|H. Patel (BOWL)||7 wickets||250 points|
|Y. Chahal (BOWL)||6 wickets||200 points|
Suggested Howzat Team for India vs South Africa Fantasy Cricket
- Wicketkeeper: I. Kishan, Q. de Kock, D. Karthik
- Batters: R. van der Dussen, D. Miller, R. Gaikwad
- All-rounders: H. Pandya, D. Pretorius
- Bowlers: H. Patel, L. Ngidi, Y. Chahal
- Captain: R. Gaikwad/D. Pretorius
- Vice Captain: Q. de Kock/H. Patel
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can select your own team from today’s fantasy match prediction and play all the fantasy cricket matches of the South Africa Tour of India 2022. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 11 is announced by each team (30 minutes before the start of the match) as some players you have selected might not be part of the team playing.
Download one of the favorite fantasy cricket app and select your own team, Howzat!