MUMBA VS. BENGALURU: INDIAN KABADDI LEAGUE 2021-22, MATCH 78 | PREDICTION, PLAYING 7 AND FANTASY KABADDI TIPS
At first glance, there are 10 points and 6 places between table-topping Bengaluru and Mumba. But Mumba have played 2 matches less. Win those, and they’d be level on points. But when the two sides meet in Match 78 of the Indian Kabaddi League at the Sheraton Grand Whitefield in Bengaluru on 26th January, they do so knowing that neither has shown enough consistency of late. Bengaluru lost 3 straight before the win against Telugu, while Mumba also went 4 games without a win – including 2 draws – before getting back to winning ways against Telugu.
Bengaluru are unstoppable when Pawan Sehrawat is at his best. But when teams get him off the mat, they’re nowhere near as dangerous. Their next-best raiders, Chandran Ranjit and Bharat, don’t even have 60 raid points for the season. What Bengaluru do have is a good mix of attack and defence. Apart from being the only team to average more than 23 raid points a game, they make nearly 10 tackles a game. Only Patna and Tamil have been as tenacious in defence.
With Fazil Atrachali lifting his game in recent matches, Mumba’s defending has also improved, but their raid points per game of 18.58 is 11th-best in the league, better than only Puneri. Abhishek Singh and V Ajith have raided well, but the lack of raiding quality after that is a real concern.
Despite Mumba bossing this rivalry down the seasons, Bengaluru won both matches last year thanks to the brilliance of Sehrawat. This time too, his form will probably be central to the outcome.
- Game: Mumba vs. Bengaluru, Match 78
- Venue: Sheraton Grand Whitefield, Bengaluru
- Date & Time: Jan. 26, 2022, at 7:30PM IST
Probable Playing 7
Abhishek Singh, Rahul Sethpal, Harendra Kumar, Mohsen Maghsoudlou, V Ajith, Rinku, Fazel Atrachali (C)
Pawan Sehrawat (C), Mayur Kadam, Mahender Singh, Bharat, Chandran Ranjit, Saurabh Nandal, Aman
Only Patna have beaten Bengaluru as many times (11) as Mumba have. Against no other team does Bengaluru have such a low win percentage.
|Matches||Mumba Won||Bengaluru Won||Draws|
Previous Season Results
Having been Mumba’s whipping boys for most of 6 seasons, Bengaluru’s fortunes changed dramatically once Pawan Sehrawat established himself as the league’s best raider. In both games in the 2019 season, he scored 11 points to take Bengaluru home. Both matches were close, but Sehrawat was the difference between the teams.
- Match 15: Mumba 26 – 30 Bengaluru
- Match 109: Mumba 33 – 35 Bengaluru
Between them, Chandran Ranjit and Pawan Sehrawat scored 25 points, but Bengaluru’s defence went missing as Abhishek Singh ran riot with 19 points.
- Match 1: Bengaluru 30 – 46 Mumba
Top Fantasy Picks
- Saurabh Nandal’s 38 successful tackles is behind only Haryana’s Jaideep. Only Tamil and Patna have averaged more successful tackles per game than Bengaluru. Expect him to continue the good run here.
- Mohsen Maghsoudlou has 23 points for the season so far. That includes a raid strike-rate of 27 and a tackle strike-rate of 42. Those aren’t Mohammad Nabibakhsh-like numbers, and Mumba need more from their all-rounder.
- Pawan Sehrawat topped the raiding charts with 271 points in 2018. The following season, he went way beyond, with 346. With 186 raid points already this season, Sehrawat is on course for another 300-point season. For others, 10-point games tend to be the exception. For him, they’re the norm. Delhi, who were topping the table then, felt his full impact with 27 points in a one-sided hammering.
Howzat Dream Team
- Defenders: Saurabh Nandal, Rinku, Aman
- All-rounder: Mohsen Maghsoudlou
- Raiders: Pawan Sehrawat, Abhishek Singh, V Ajith
- Captain: Abhishek Singh/Pawan Sehrawat
- Vice Captain: V Ajith/Saurabh Nandal
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can select your own team from today’s fantasy kabaddi prediction and play all the upcoming matches of Indian Kabaddi League. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 7 is announced by each team as some players you have selected might not be part of the team suggested.
Know fantasy kabaddi rules and play on your favorite fantasy gaming app and select your own team, Howzat!