MELBOURNE R VS. BRISBANE H: AUSTRALIAN T20 LEAGUE, MATCH 49 | MATCH PREDICTION AND FANTASY CRICKET TIPS
In match 49 of the Australian T20 League 2020/21, Melbourne R take on Brisbane H at the Marvel Stadium in Melbourne on Saturday evening.
Melbourne R pulled off a sensational win in their last game against Melbourne S, finishing the game with two balls to spare. While that victory hasn’t helped them move up from the bottom of the points table, it should be enough to give them the confidence to do better in this game.
While chasing a target of 159, the Renegades were in a spot of bother at 97 for 5 in the 16th over but a late comeback by M Harvey and B Webster helped the team push past their city rivals to register their third win. On the bowling front, Z Evans and P Hatzoglou excelled in the last game, picking up 2 wickets each. The experience of S Marsh, S Harper, and K Richardson will be important in the remaining matches.
Brisbane H have lost three of their last four games, which made them slip to the seventh spot in the points table. They are coming into this game after two consecutive big losses: first to Perth S by 59 runs and then to Adelaide S by 82 runs.
Brisbane H’s batting has been poor in the last two games, having been bowled out for only 115 runs in both the matches while chasing big targets. The batting line-up is very dependent on captain Chris Lynn. The return of M Labuschagne should help ease the scoring pressure off the captain. In the absence of M Ur Rahman, the bowling attack suddenly looks weak and has been conceding plenty of runs. M Steketee and the other bowlers have gone for plenty over the last two games and need to perform better.
With their own chances for qualification gone, the Renegades will be looking to spoil Brisbane H’s party. Expect this to be an exciting encounter at the Marvel Stadium.
- Match: Melbourne R vs. Brisbane H, Match 49
- Venue: Marvel Stadium, Melbourne
- Date & Time: Jan. 23, 2021, at 10.35 AM IST
Probable Playing XI
- A Finch (C), S Marsh, S Harper (WK), J Fraser-McGurk, M Harvey, B Webster, I Wasim, J Prestwidge, K Richardson, P Hatzoglou, J Evans
- X-factor substitutes: W Sutherland, J Lalor
- C Lynn, M Bryant, M Labuschagne, J Denly, L Gregory, J Bazley, J Peirson (C & WK), J Wildermuth, X Bartlett, M Steketee, M Swepson
- X-factor substitutes: S Heazlett, M Morkel
Weather and Pitch Report
The weather in Melbourne is expected to be clear during the match. The temperature will be around 30 degrees during the game.
The Marvel Stadium is not a high-scoring venue. Both batsmen and fast bowlers will find something here for themselves. Spinners too will get some help from the pitch. The average first innings score in the two games played here this season has been 166 runs.
The chasing teams have had a better record here in the recent games. Expect the captain winning the toss to opt to field first. A first innings score of around 170 runs should be a competitive one here.
- S Marsh is the second-highest run scorer for the Renegades this season. He has scored 272 runs in ten matches at a strike rate of 132.68. He has been on a lean run after his back-to-back half centuries four games ago. Expect him to get back to form here.
- S Harper is the top scorer for the Renegades this season, scoring 275 runs in 12 matches at a strike rate of 117. He has played good innings of 63 and 39 in the last two matches. He will look to continue his good form here.
- P Hatzoglou is the joint-highest wicket taker for the Renegades this season, with 15 wickets at an economy rate of 8.61 and the best figures of 3 for 43. He picked up two wickets in the last game and will look to add to his wicket tally at the same venue.
- C Lynn is the best batsman in the Heat batting line-up. He has scored 317 runs in eight innings at an average of 39.62 and a strike rate of 149.52. He will need to play a big innings for the Heat to do well in this game.
- M Labuschagne is back into the playing XI after a good Test series against India. He did well in the last game, scoring 28 runs and taking 2 wickets. He will look to do the bulk of the scoring along with his captain.
- M Steketee is the highest wicket taker for the Heat this season. He has picked up 19 wickets at an average of 19.52. However, he has been expensive in the last two games, going for 42 runs in his four overs. Nevertheless, expect him to give a good bowling performance in this game.
Howzat Dream Team
- Wicketkeeper: S Harper
- Batsmen: S Marsh, J Fraser McGurk, C Lynn, M Labuschagne
- All-rounders: I Wasim, L Gregory
- Bowlers: J Lalor, P Hatzoglou, X Bartlett, M Steketee
- Captain: S Marsh/S Harper
- Vice Captain: C Lynn/M Labuschagne
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can select your own fantasy 11, and win cash prize. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 11 is announced by each team (30 minutes before the start of the match) as some players you have selected might not be part of the team suggested.
Get fantasy cricket tips on your favorite fantasy sports app and select your own team, Howzat!