NETHERLANDS VS. IRELAND: IRE’S TOUR OF NED 2021, 3rd ODI | MATCH PREDICTION AND FANTASY CRICKET TIPS
Hosts Netherlands take on Ireland in the final ODI of the 3-match series at the Sportpark Maarschalkerweerd in Utrecht on Monday. It is part of the ICC ODI Super League.
This is the series decider as Ireland registered a victory over the hosts by 8 wickets in the second ODI to level the series at 1-1. For the second time in the series, Netherlands’ batting collapsed terribly and managed to put just 157 runs on the board, which was easily chased down by Ireland’s top order. This form of the batting department might be a thing to worry about for captain Seelar going into the decider match. Bowling has been relatively better but needs a good effort from the batsmen to make a match out of it.
After losing the first game by just 1 run, Ireland made a strong comeback in the second ODI to win by 8 wickets. The bowling performance was brilliant to restrict the hosts to a below-par score and chase it down easily with plenty of overs to spare. Craig Young and Josh Little were phenomenal with the ball and took 4 wickets each. Captain Balbirnie played a patient knock to help the team in this easy chase. The overall team is looking strong in both batting as well bowling departments.
With a series and 10 crucial Super League points on the line, expect another exciting close game between these two ambitious cricketing nations on Monday.
- Match: Netherlands vs. Ireland, 3rd ODI
- Venue: Sportpark Maarschalkerweerd, Utrecht
- Date & Time: June 7, 2021, at 2:00 PM IST/10:30 AM Local
Probable Playing XI
Stephan Myburgh, Max O’Dowd, Ben Cooper, Pieter Seelaar (C), Bas de Leede, Scott Edwards (WK), Logan van Beek, Vivian Kingma, Timm van der Gugten, Brandon Glover, Fred Klaassen
Kevin O’Brien, Paul Stirling, Andrew Balbirnie (C), Harry Tector, George Dockrell, Lorcan Tucker (WK), Simi Singh, Andy McBrine, Brain McCarthy, Craig Young, Josh Little
Weather and Pitch Report
Utrecht is expected to have sunny conditions on the day of the match. The temperature will be around 21 degrees.
As seen in the first two matches, the surface here is not an easy one and batsmen have to work hard for their runs. They will have to mix caution with aggression during their innings. Fast bowlers will get good bounce and movement off this track and spinners will be able to take advantage of the slowness in the track as the game progresses.
The conditions are expected to be good for batting early on since the pitch will get slower as the game progresses. The captain that wins the toss is expected to opt to bat first. A target of 210-220 can be a competitive one.
Top Fantasy Picks
- Max O’Dowd is Netherlands’ top run scorer in the series, making 59 runs in two matches. He got good starts in both the games, scoring 23 and 36 runs. He looked assured at the crease and got the best of conditions to bat on. He will look to play a big inning here.
- Bas de Leede has already made a couple of 20s in the first two games of the series. With the batting unit struggling, he has been one of the small positives in the top order of Netherlands. He will look to stay patient and make a big score in this match.
- Logan van Beek continued his good run with both bat and ball in the second match. He made 22 runs off 36 balls with the bat, before taking the important wicket of opener Porterfield with the new ball. He finished with 1 for 34 in his 7 overs.
- Paul Stirling is batting on a whole different level as compared to the others on the team, making his second consecutive half century in the last match. He scored 52 runs off 64 balls, which included 6 boundaries. He will look to finish with a big score one more time here.
- Craig Young has been impressive in the last two games, taking 7 wickets at an average of 7.42 and a brilliant economy rate of just 2.68. In the last match, he gave away just 18 runs in his spell, including 2 maiden overs, and picked up 4 wickets.
- Josh Little backed up his 3-wicket burst in the first ODI with an even better 4-wicket spell in the second game. His left-arm seamers troubled the hosts’ batsmen and accounted for the wickets of O’Dowd, Myburgh and Ben Cooper in the top order.
Howzat Dream Team
- Wicketkeeper: L Tucker
- Batsmen: M O’Dowd, A Balbirnie, P Stirling
- All-rounders: B de Leede, P Seelaar, S Singh
- Bowlers: L van Beek, V Kingma, C Young, J Little
- Captain: J Little/S Singh
- Vice Captain: B de Leede/L van Beek
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can make your match prediction and play fantasy cricket matches. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 11 is announced by each team (30 minutes before the start of the match) as some players you have selected might not be part of the team suggested.
Get fantasy cricket tips on your favorite fantasy sports app and select your own team, Howzat!