PATNA VS. MUMBA: INDIAN KABADDI LEAGUE 2021-22, MATCH 47 | PREDICTION, PLAYING 7 AND FANTASY KABADDI TIPS
This is a contest between two teams that can almost glimpse the play-offs in this shortened 11-match regular season. Both Patna and Mumba are unbeaten in their last 5 matches, though Mumba’s sequence includes 3 draws to Patna’s 1. Both teams have lost just 1 match this season, and when they meet in Match 47 of the Indian Kabaddi League at the Sheraton Grand Whitefield in Bengaluru on 11th January, each will know that a victory here will almost ensure a play-off spot.
Patna don’t have a single raider with more than 50 points, but their defensive work has been terrific, averaging over 10 successful tackles a game. They have sneaked through in close contests largely because of this. But going deeper into the competition, Monu Goyat and team will certainly need to do more on the raiding front.
Though Mumba have two very effective raiders, they too haven’t put big numbers on the board. But like Patna, their defensive work led by Rinku has been superb. If it weren’t for the 3 tied matches, Mumba would be even higher in the table.
They beat Patna in both matches of the 2019 season and have a huge lead in the overall head-to-head, but this match-up of two of the league’s best defences could well offer a preview to what happens later in the play-offs.
- Game: Patna vs. Mumba, Match 47
- Venue: Sheraton Grand Whitefield, Bengaluru
- Date & Time: Jan. 11, 2021, at 7:30 PM IST
Probable Playing 7
Monu Goyat, Neeraj Kumar, Sajin C, Prashanth Kumar (C), Sachin, Sunil, Mohammadreza Chiyaneh
Abhishek Singh, Ashish Sangwan, Harendra Kumar, Mohsen Maghsoudlou, V Ajith, Rinku, Fazel Atrachali (C)
Patna may be the 3-time champions of the Indian Kabaddi League, but among all the teams that have been part of the competition from the start, none has dominated them quite like Mumba has.
|Matches||Patna Won||Mumba Won||Draws|
Previous Season Results
In 2019, Mumba qualified for the play-offs and Patna didn’t. They also extended their dominance over Patna with two 4-point wins. Rohit Baliyan starred in the first game with 9 points, while Abhishek Singh led the way with 7 points in the second match. The mighty Pardeep Narwal was kept to 14 points across the two matches.
- Match 43: Mumba 34 – 30 Patna
- Match 117: Mumba 30 – 26 Patna
Top Fantasy Picks
- Rinku is leading the way for Mumbai with 20 tackles so far. He is one of the reasons that the team is pushing for a play-off place this season. He had his best game against Telugu, pulling off an incredible 7 successful tackles.
- Mohammadreza Chiyaneh is currently averaging 3 tackle points a game even after a slight dip in form over the last couple of matches. With Pardeep Narwal gone, Patna’s focus has been on stopping their opponents’ scoring as much as it has on their own raids.
- V Ajith has been superior in terms of raid strike-rate (60 percent). He bounced back from one of his worst displays of the season against Haryana to score 8 points against Telugu in a comfortable win.
Howzat Dream Team
- Defenders: Rinku, Sajin, Fazel Atrachali
- All-rounders: Mohammadreza Chiyaneh
- Raiders: V Ajith, Abhishek Singh, Monu Goyat
- Captain: V Ajith/Monu Goyat
- Vice Captain: Abhishek Singh/Mohammadreza Chiyaneh
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can select your own team from today’s fantasy kabaddi prediction and play all the upcoming matches of India Kabaddi League. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 7 is announced by each team as some players you have selected might not be part of the team suggested.
Know fantasy kabaddi rules and play on your favorite fantasy gaming app and select your own team, Howzat!