In match 44 of the Australian T20 League 2020, Perth S take on Brisbane H at the Marvel Stadium in Melbourne on Tuesday evening.
Perth’s five-match winning streak was ended by Sydney S in the last game but they are still in a good position to make it to the knockout round of the tournament. Currently Perth is in fifth position with 21 points.
Although J Roy and L Livingston gave a good start to the team with the bat, scoring 76 runs in just seven overs but the other batsmen failed to capitalize on that. The final total of the team was 163 runs. The bowlers could not do much as the in-form J Philippe and J Vince condemned the Scorchers to a seven-wicket loss.
Brisbane H came back to winning ways immediately as they won against the Melbourne R in the last game. They sit in sixth place in the points table with 20 points, just one place below the qualification zone.
The Heat bowling did not allow the Renegades batsmen to score freely and restricted them to a total of 149 runs. M Steketee was the pick of the bowlers with 2 for 24 in his four overs. In the second innings, C Lynn’s 50, along with useful knocks by J Denly and J Burns, helped the Heat to register a vital win.
With just one point differentiating these two teams, these four points will be extremely crucial, and it promises to be an exciting contest at the Marvel Stadium.
- Match: Perth S vs. Brisbane H, Match 44
- Venue: Marvel Stadium, Melbourne
- Date & Time: Jan. 19, 2020, at 1.45 PM IST
Probable Playing XI
- J Roy, L Livingstone, C Munro, J Inglis (WK), C Bancroft, A Turner (C), A Hardie, A Tye, F Ahmed, J Richardson, J Behrendorff
- X-factor substitutes: J Paris, K Patterson
- C Lynn, M Bryant, J Denly, J Burns, L Gregory, J Bazley, J Peirson (C & WK), J Wildermuth, X Bartlett, M Kuhnemann, M Steketee
- X-factor substitutes: S Heazlett, M Morkel
Weather and Pitch Report
The weather is expected to be clear and sunny in Melbourne during the match. The temperature will be around 24 degrees during the game.
Docklands is a good batting pitch and the batsmen should be able to score freely here. With this being the first match played here, pace bowlers will enjoy a little bit of movement with the new ball. The average first innings score in the five games played here last season has been 164 runs.
Chasing is the best option when the playing conditions are a little unknown. Expect the captain winning the toss to opt to field first. A first innings score of around 160 runs should be a competitive one here.
- L Livingstone has been superb with the bat in the last two games, scoring 67 and 54 runs. His ability to score runs at a good strike rate can put the Heat bowlers on the back foot right from the start of the innings.
- C Munro is the top run scorer for the Scorchers this season, with 271 runs in nine innings at a strike rate of 127.23. He scored half centuries in three of his last four innings and will look to continue his good form with the bat here.
- J Richardson is the highest wicket taker of the season, with 19 wickets at an economy rate of just 6.53. He has failed just once to take a wicket in a match and will look to lead his team`s bowling attack to help them qualify for the knockouts.
- C Lynn is the most dangerous batsman in the Heat batting line-up. He has scored 273 runs in just six innings at an average of 45.5 and a strike rate of 145.98. He hit half centuries in his last two innings and will look to play a big innings here too.
- M Bryant is yet to score a half century this season but is still the second-highest run scorer for the Heat. He has scored 243 runs at a good strike rate of 130. He will look to put up a big opening partnership with his captain in this match.
- M Steketee has been brilliant with the ball for the Heat this season. He has picked up 18 wickets at an average of 15.94. His best figures have been 4 for 33 against the Sixers.
Howzat Dream Team
- Wicketkeeper: J Inglis
- Batsmen: C Munro, M Bryant, C Lynn, J Burns
- All-rounders: L Livingstone, J Bazley
- Bowlers: J Richardson, J Behrendoff, M Steketee, M Kuhnemann
- Captain: L Livingstone/J Richardson
- Vice Captain: M Steketee/C Lynn
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can select your own dream team, and play fantasy cricket matches. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 11 is announced by each team (30 minutes before the start of the match) as some players you have selected might not be part of the team suggested.
Get fantasy cricket tips on your favorite fantasy sports app and select your own team, Howzat!