PESHAWAR ZALMI VS. LAHORE QALANDARS: PAK T20 LEAGUE 2021, MATCH 17 | PREDICTION AND FANTASY CRICKET TIPS
In the 17th match of the Pak T20 League 2021, Peshawar Zalmi are up against Lahore Qalandars at the Sheikh Zayed Cricket Stadium in Abu Dhabi on Thursday night.
Peshawar Zalmi had done well in the previous leg of the tournament, where they won 3 out of their 5 games. On the other hand, Lahore Qalandars come into this game with a thrilling win over Islamabad United in their last game.
Zalmi will need a strong show from their openers Kamran Akmal and Imam-ul-Haq in this game. In the middle order, David Miller is expected to play alongside Haider Ali, Sherfane Rutherford and an experienced Shoaib Malik. In the bowling department, Mohammad Imran and Wahab Riaz need to provide the side with a good start. Mohammad Irfan brings vast experience to the table and will bowl in the middle overs with Fidel Edwards and Fabien Allen.
The Qalandars have now moved to the top spot in the points table with a win in last night’s game. The side will be happy with the performance of its bowlers and the middle order. All the bowlers were brilliant, especially James Faulkner and Ahmed Daniyal. Fakhar Zaman, who missed out in the last game, will look to set up a good partnership with Akhtar, who looks in good form. Mohammad Hafeez and Ben Dunk made decent contributions in the middle order. Rashid Khan was economical with the ball and won the game with the bat along with Tim David.
With the two evenly matched sides going head-to-head, expect a thrilling battle to end the doubleheader Thursday in Abu Dhabi.
- Match: Peshawar Zalmi vs. Lahore Qalandars, Match 17
- Venue: Sheikh Zayed Cricket Stadium, Abu Dhabi
- Date & Time: Jun. 10, 2021, at 11:30 PM IST/10 PM Local
Probable Playing XI
Kamran Akmal (WK), Imam ul Haq, Haider Ali, David Miller, Shoaib Malik, Sherfane Rutherford, Fabian Allen, Wahab Riaz (C), Fidel Edwards, Mohammad Imran, Mohammad Irfan
Fakhar Zaman, Sohail Akhtar (C), Mohammad Faizan, Mohammad Hafeez, Ben Dunk (WK), Tim David, James Faulkner, Rashid Khan, Shaheen Afridi, Haris Rauf, Ahmed Daniyal
Pitch & Weather Report
The weather is expected to be clear in Abu Dhabi during the match. The temperature will be around 33 degrees during the game.
The pitch at the Sheikh Zayed Stadium looked a bit slow in the last game. Combined with a large outfield, setting up a target here will be a big challenge for any side. Spinners will get plenty of help during the game, while the pacers will have to rely on their variations. The average score in the last five games played here has been 179 runs.
The wicket is expected to play much better in the second innings due to the dew factor. So expect the captain winning the toss to opt to bowl first. A score of around 170 runs should be a competitive one here.
Top Fantasy Picks
- Shoib Malik has a lot of T20 experience, having played over 500 T20 games and making close to 13,000 runs. He has made several useful contributions in the five matches this season but is yet to score a half century. He has scored 101 runs at an average of 33.66.
- Sherfane Rutherford is a dangerous batsman and has already played 2 match-winning innings for his team in the tournament. He has scored 129 runs in five matches this season at an average of 43.00 and a strike rate of 151.76.
- Fidel Edwards has taken more than 100 T20 wickets at an average of 29.65 and an economy rate of 7.96. He made his comeback into the national team on the back of consistent performances with the ball and will be looking to provide his new team with plenty of wickets.
- Fakhar Zaman is the second-highest run scorer for Lahore Qalandars, with 198 runs at an average of 49.5 and a strike rate of 134.69. He hit a few crispy shots before getting dismissed for a score of 9. He will want to bounce back with a bang here.
- Mohammad Hafeez is the top run scorer for Lahore, with 210 runs at an average of 70 and a strike rate of 164.06. He looked a little rusty in the previous match, playing after a gap of more than a month. He is likely to make a big score in this match.
- Rashid Khan was adjudged the Player of the Match in the last game for his all-round performance in the game. He gave away just 9 runs and picked up a wicket. With the bat, he played a cameo of 15 runs off 5 balls and won the game for his team in the final over.
Howzat Dream Team
- Wicketkeeper: K Akmal, B Dunk
- Batsmen: S Rutherford, S Malik, F Zaman
- All-rounders: F Allen, M Hafeez, J Faulkner
- Bowlers: F Edwards, R Khan, H Rauf
- Captain: R Khan/H Rauf
- Vice Captain: S Malik/F Zaman
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can select your own fantasy 11, and play fantasy cricket matches. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 11 is announced by each team (30 minutes before the start of the match) as some players you have selected might not be part of the team suggested.
Get fantasy cricket tips on your favorite fantasy sports app and select your own team, Howzat!