QUETTA GLADIATORS VS. MULTAN SULTANS: PAK T20 LEAGUE 2021, MATCH 25 | PREDICTION AND FANTASY CRICKET TIPS
In the 25th match of the Pak T20 League 2021, Quetta Gladiators are up against Multan Sultans at the Sheikh Zayed Cricket Stadium in Abu Dhabi on Wednesday evening.
Multan Sultans come into this match on the back of having won their last two games. They now have a great opportunity here to make it three victories in a row here. Captain Rizwan shone in their 8-wicket victory against Zalmi and was well supported by Sohaib Maqsood. The middle order is strong with the likes of Rilee Rossouw and Shimron Hetmyer, who are clean hitters of the ball. Although Shahnawaz Dhani was impressive in the last game, the others will have to come up with a good show here as they take on a top-heavy batting line-up. Leg-spinner Imran Tahir also bowled tight spells on a good batting surface.
Quetta Gladiators surprised everyone by beating the high-flying Lahore Qalandars side in what was only their second win in this year’s tournament. After posting a par score of 158 runs, Quetta’s bowlers put in a superb performance to bowl out their opponents for 140, with 3 wickets each for Usman Shinwari and Khurram Shahzad. Jake Weatherald did well in the last game and will look to offer more runs, alongside the likes of Cameron Delport, Sarfaraz Khan and Azam Khan. Russell and du Plessis will continue to miss out, having still not been cleared by doctors for playing.
With both sides eyeing a crucial win and two points, it promises to be a cracking game of T20 cricket in Abu Dhabi on Wednesday.
- Match: Quetta Gladiators vs. Multan Sultans, Match 25
- Venue: Sheikh Zayed Cricket Stadium, Abu Dhabi
- Date & Time: Jun. 16, 2021, at 9:30 PM IST/8 PM Local
Probable Playing XI
Usman Khan, Jake Weatherald, Cameron Delport, Sarfaraz Ahmed (C & WK), Azam Khan, Mohammad Nawaz, Hassan Khan, Khurram Shahzad, Mohammad Hasnain, Usman Shinwari, Zahoor Khan
Mohammad Rizwan (C & WK), Shan Masood, Sohaib Maqsood, Rilee Rossouw, Shimron Hetmyer, Khushdil Shah, Sohail Tanvir, Imran Khan, Blessing Muzarabani, Imran Tahir, Shahnawaz Dhani
Pitch & Weather Report
The weather is expected to be clear in Abu Dhabi during the match. The temperature will be around 33 degrees during the game.
The pitch at the Sheikh Zayed Stadium is becoming good to bat on. Shot selection for the batters will be crucial, given the large outfield. Pacers should get some swing and bounce early on, while spinners should get the ball to turn and grip before the dew sets in. The average first-innings score in the games played here this season has been 159 runs.
Chasing seems to be the trend in the tournament. With the pitch not likely to change much during the game, expect the captain winning the toss to opt to field first. A score of around 185 runs should be a competitive one here.
Top Fantasy Picks
- Jake Weatherald has been the standout player for the Gladiators since the resumption of the league. He has scored 104 runs in the last three matches at an average of 34.66, including a couple of 40s. He is aggressive at the top and is capable of playing a big innings here.
- Azam Khan was the spark with the bat for Quetta in the last match. He scored a quick-fire 33 off just 18 balls and gave the bowlers a decent target to defend, which they did eventually. With the tour of England on the horizon, he will be looking to get into consistent form.
- Khurram Shahzad, playing only his 9th T20 game, showed his value in the win against Lahore. He picked up 3 wickets for just 12 runs in his 3 overs and closed out the game for the Gladiators. He will look to continue his good form here.
- Mohammad Rizwan is the second-highest run scorer in the tournament, with 408 runs at an average of 68 and a strike rate of 140.2, including 4 half centuries. He played a brilliant inning of 82 runs in the last game, chasing down the steep target set by the Zalmi batters.
- Rilee Rossouw is a T20 veteran and batted well against Karachi Kings. He made 44 runs off just 24 balls, including 7 boundaries. He is an explosive batter and has a career strike rate of 135.97. Expect him to go hard at the Quetta bowlers in this match.
- Imran Tahir has continued to impress for Multan in the three matches that he has played this season. He has taken 4 wickets at an economy rate of 6.91. Although he did not pick up any wicket in the last match, he kept the run scoring of the opponents under control.
Howzat Dream Team
- Wicketkeepers: M Rizwan, A Khan
- Batsmen: J Weatherald, R Rossouw, K Shah
- All-rounders: M Nawaz
- Bowlers: B Muzarabani, I Tahir, I Khan, K Shehzad, U Shinwari
- Captain: M Rizwan/R Rossouw
- Vice Captain: A Khan/K Shehzad
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can make your match prediction and play fantasy cricket matches. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 11 is announced by each team (30 minutes before the start of the match) as some players you have selected might not be part of the team suggested.
Get fantasy cricket tips on your favorite fantasy sports app and select your own team, Howzat!