SYDNEY S VS. BRISBANE H: AUSTRALIAN T20 LEAGUE, MATCH 35 | MATCH PREDICTION AND FANTASY CRICKET TIPS
Match 35 of the Australian T20 League 2020 has Sydney S taking on Brisbane H at the Metricon Stadium in the Gold Coast on Sunday evening.
Sydney S were handed an embarrassing loss in the last game by Perth S. They lost to Perth S by 86 runs. They have now lost two out of their last three matches and are currently in second place in the points table.
Chasing a target of 184 runs, the Sixers were bowled out for just 97 runs. Except for J Edwards, who made 44, the entire batting order collapsed with nobody making more than 16. The likes of J Philippe, J Vince, and D Hughes have to do more. Sydney’s bowling was also not at its best. Only S O’Keefe and L Pope (coming in as an X-factor substitute) picked up two wickets each in the match.
After a slow start, Brisbane H have now won three games in a row and four of their last five. They are coming here with an 18-run win against Melbourne S and will look to continue their success here.
Captain C Lynn was back to his destructive best in the last match. M Bryant and J Burns also looked in good nick in the truncated innings. X Bartlett, J Wildermuth, and M Ur Rahman are doing a fine job along with M Steketee, the leading wicket-taker in the tournament.
With Brisbane H looking solid and a winning momentum behind them, it should be an exciting game of T20 cricket in the Gold Coast.
- Match: Sydney S vs. Brisbane H, Match 35
- Venue: Metricon Stadium, Gold Coast
- Date & Time: Jan. 10, 2020, at 1.45 PM IST
Probable Playing XI
- J Philippe (WK), J Edwards, J Vince, D Hughes (C), J Silk, D Christian, C Brathwaite, B Dwarshuis, L Pope, B Manenti, J Ball
- X-factor substitutes: G Sandhu, H Kerr
- C Lynn, M Bryant, J Denly, J Burns, L Gregory, J Bazley, J Peirson (C & WK), J Wildermuth, X Bartlett, M Ur Rehman, M Steketee
- X-factor substitutes: B Laughlin, L Pfeffer
Weather and Pitch Report
The weather is likely to be mostly cloudy during the game. The temperature will be around 23 degrees during the match.
The pitch at the Metricon Stadium has good bounce and batsmen should enjoy their time batting here. Spinners can find some grip in the middle phase. The first innings score in the matches played here this season has been 160 runs.
Chasing teams have won four of the five matches played here this season. Expect the captain winning the toss to bowl first. A total of 170 should be a competitive score on this track.
- J Philippe is the top run scorer for the Sixers, with 266 runs at an average of 33.25 and a strike rate of 142.24. He scored just 5 runs in the last game and will look to get back into scoring form against the Heat here.
- D Christian was not at his best in the last few games. He picked up just one wicket in the last two matches and couldn’t score runs either. He will look to put up a match-winning performance here.
- S O’Keefe has picked up 10 wickets in seven matches at an economy rate of 7.13. He was one of the two bowlers to pick up wickets in the last game, with figures of 2 for 33. Expect him to take wickets here too.
- C Lynn in his current form is a very dangerous batsman. He scored a cracking 48 off just 23 balls in the rain-affected game against the Stars. He will look to continue his scoring form here.
- J Burns has looked in good form in the last two matches. He scored 50 against the Thunder and 22* off 11 balls in the last game against the Stars. Expect him to score well against the Sixers here.
- M Steketee has a total of 15 wickets in the tournament so far at an average of 14.86 and a strike rate of 8.68. He has picked up 9 wickets in the last three matches: 3/25, 2/34, and 4/33. Expect him to pick up wickets here as well.
Howzat Dream Team
- Wicketkeeper: J Philippe
- Batsmen: J Silk, C Lynn, M Bryant, J Burns
- All-rounder: D Christian, L Gregory
- Bowlers: S O’Keefe, B Dwarshuis, M Steketee, M Ur Rehman
- Captain: J Philippe/D Christian
- Vice Captain: M Ur Rahman/C Lynn
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can select your own fantasy 11, and play fantasy cricket matches. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 11 is announced by each team (30 minutes before the start of the match) as some players you have selected might not be part of the team suggested.
Get fantasy cricket tips on your favorite fantasy sports app and select your own team, Howzat!