WEST INDIES VS. PAKISTAN: PAK’S TOUR OF WI 2021, 2nd T20 | MATCH PREDICTION AND FANTASY CRICKET TIPS
Hosts West Indies take on Pakistan in the second T20 of the 4-match series at the Guyana National Stadium in Providence on Saturday morning.
The series opener in Barbados was called off after heavy showers throughout the day, reducing this to a best-of-three series. West Indies scored 85 runs in nine overs for the loss of 5 wickets before rain prevented any more action. Captain Kieron Pollard and Nicolas Pooran were the only Windies batters to have reached double figures. Lendl Simmons was forced to retire hurt after having been struck on the neck and might be replaced by Andre Fletcher in this fixture. All the bowlers will be fresh and raring to go in this match.
On the other hand, Pakistan will likely be the more satisfied of the two sides, picking up regular wickets despite going for runs in the first T20. Hasan Ali’s two overs brought about 2 wickets, while leg-spinner Usman Qadir and debutant Mohammad Wasim took 1 wicket each. It would be a big surprise if the likes of Wasim, Qadir and Sharjeel Khan are not given another opportunity in this T20.
Although the West Indies are favorites coming into this match given their batting depth, expect Pakistan to put on a good all-round show in an exciting game of T20 cricket at the Guyana National Stadium on Saturday.
- Match: West Indies vs. Pakistan, 2nd T20
- Venue: National Stadium, Guyana
- Date & Time: Jul. 31, 2021, at 8:30 PM IST/11 AM Local
Probable Playing XI
Lendl Simmons, Evin Lewis, Chris Gayle, Shimron Hetmyer, Nicholas Pooran (WK), Dwayne Bravo, Kieron Pollard (C), Andre Russell, Hayden Walsh Jr, Fidel Edwards, Akeal Hosein
Sharjeel Khan, Mohammad Rizwan (WK), Babar Azam (C), Fakhar Zaman, Mohammad Hafeez, Shoaib Maqsood, Shadab Khan, Hasan Ali, Mohammad Wasim Jr, Usman Qadir, Shaheen Afridi
Weather and Pitch Report
The weather is expected to be mostly cloudy in Guyana with a few rain interruptions during the match. The temperature will be around 28 degrees during the game.
The pitch at the Guyana Sammy Stadium is generally a slow track. The batters will have to take their time before going for big shots later in the innings. As the match progresses, the spinners are expected to play a big role with the slowness of the surface coming into play. The average first-innings score in the seven T20Is played here has been 141 runs.
Given the weather forecast and recent record at this venue, expect the captain winning the toss to opt to field first. A first-innings score of around 160 runs can be a competitive one on this surface.
Top Fantasy Picks
- Ewin Lewis has the potential to take the game away at the top of the order. He has scored 294 runs in nine innings in this homestand, including 3 half centuries. Overall, he has made 2 centuries in his T20I career and will look to play a big inning here.
- Kieron Pollard was one of the two batters to cross double figures in the first T20I. He scored 22 runs off just 9 balls, including 1 four and 2 sixes. He missed the T20 series against Australia due to injury and will look to make a match-winning impact.
- Hayden Walsh was the best player in the recent T20 series against Australia, taking 12 wickets in five matches with career-best figures of 3 for 23. He continued the good form in the ODI series too, taking his first 5-wicket haul in the format.
- Mohammad Rizwan has been instrumental in the T20 format for Pakistan this year. He has scored 706 runs in 14 matches, with 1 century and 7 half centuries. He is a game-changer at the top of the order and will look to dominate in this match too.
- Babar Azam is behind only Rizwan in terms of run making in T20Is this year. He has made 472 runs, with 1 century and 3 half centuries. He has a brilliant record against the West Indies, scoring 403 in 10 innings at an average of 57.57.
- Hasan Ali looked good in the short spell during the first T20. He went for only 11 runs in his two overs and picked up the key wickets of Lewis and Hetmyer. He has been in brilliant form since his comeback into the team, taking 16 wickets in his last eight T20Is.
Howzat Dream Team
- Wicketkeeper: M Rizwan
- Batsmen: E Lewis, K Pollard, B Azam
- All-rounders: A Russell, D Bravo, M Hafeez, M Wasim
- Bowlers: H Walsh, H Ali, U Qadir
- Captain: E Lewis/H Walsh
- Vice Captain: M Rizwan/H Ali
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can make your fantasy 11 and play fantasy cricket matches. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 11 is announced by each team (30 minutes before the start of the match) as some players you have selected might not be part of the team suggested.
Get fantasy cricket tips on your favorite fantasy sports app and select your own team, Howzat!