ZIMBABWE VS. BANGLADESH: BANG’S TOUR OF ZIM 2021, 2nd ODI | MATCH PREDICTION AND FANTASY CRICKET TIPS
Hosts Zimbabwe take on Bangladesh in the second ODI of the 3-match series at the Harare Sports Club on Sunday. It is part of the ICC ODI Super League.
Zimbabwe will be disappointed with the way they performed in the first ODI. They were bowled out after just 28.5 overs of their run chase, losing by a huge margin of 155 runs. The side lacked experience in the batting department and will be hoping that experienced players like Brendan Taylor and Regis Chakabva can deliver big scores. All the pace bowlers were good with the ball, taking regular wickets and being economical. Sikandar Raza is expected back in the playing XI in place of injured Milton Shumba.
On the other hand, Bangladesh continued the dominance from the Test match as their emphatic victory in the first ODI sets the tone for the rest of the series. After the initial struggle with the bat, the batters put up a score of 276 runs, which proved far too much for Zimbabwe’s fragile batting line-up to chase. Liton Das shone with the bat, with useful contributions from Mahmudullah and Afif Hossain. All-rounder Shakib Al Hasan picked up a 5-wicket haul, while Taskin Ahmed, Shoriful Islam and Mohammad Saifuddin claimed 1 wicket apiece.
Although Bangladesh are clear favorites here, home conditions should give Zimbabwe a fair chance of beating the visitors and grabbing crucial Super League points. Expect an entertaining game of ODI cricket at the Harare Sports Club on Sunday.
- Match: Zimbabwe vs. Bangladesh, 2nd ODI
- Venue: Harare Sports Club, Harare
- Date & Time: Jul. 18 2021, at 1 PM IST/9.30 AM Local
Probable Playing XI
Tadiwanashe Marumani, Wesley Madhevere, Brendan Taylor (C), Sikandar Raza, Regis Chakabva (WK), Dion Myers, Ryan Burl, Donald Tiripano, Richard Ngarava, Tendai Chatara, Blessing Muzarabani
Tamim Iqbal (C), Liton Das (WK), Shakib Al Hasan, Mohammad Mithun, Mossadek Hossain, Mahmudullah, Afif Hossain, Mehidy Hasan, Mohammad Saifuddin, Taskin Ahmed, Shoriful Islam
Weather and Pitch Report
Harare is expected to have mostly sunny weather during the match. The temperature will be around 17 degrees during the game.
The pitch at the Harare Sports Club is generally a good batting wicket. Although there will be early assistance to the pace bowlers from the surface, it will allow batsmen for good stroke play throughout the match. Spinners will get assistance as the match progresses into the second half. The average first-innings score in the last five ODIs played here has been 207 runs.
Keeping in mind the early morning moisture and the recent record, the captain winning the toss will most likely choose to field first. A first-innings score of around 260 can be a challenging total on this surface.
Top Fantasy Picks
- Brendan Taylor continued playing in his all-or-nothing style of batting in the first ODI. He looked good in his short stay of 31 balls at the crease, scoring 24 runs. He is a key in this batting unit and needs to make a big score if Zimbabwe are to challenge Bangladesh here.
- Regis Chakabva batted well in the first ODI, scoring his 2nd ODI half century in the process. Despite running out of partners, he played his natural attacking innings to take Zimbabwe past the 100 run-mark. He will look to go a step further and score a big one here.
- Blessing Muzarabani has continued his good form with the bat for Zimbabwe. He took 2 for 47 in the first ODI, grabbing the crucial wickets of Tamim Iqbal and Shakib in the powerplay overs. Expect him to take a few more wickets here.
- Tamim Iqbal was dismissed without scoring in the first ODI, playing an unnecessary shot early in the innings. He has scored 7534 runs in 217 ODIs, including 13 centuries. He is a class player and can bounce back with a big score in this match.
- Shakib Al Hasan has been going through a rough patch with the bat but has compensated for it with the ball in hand. He picked up his 5-wicket-haul in the first ODI and has become Bangladesh’s all-time leading ODI wicket taker in the process. Expect him to fire with the bat here.
- Mehidy Hasan Miraz did not pick up a wicket but scored a crucial 26 runs in the first ODI. He has been good with the ball in recent matches, taking consistent wickets in every format. With spinners expected to play a big role here, he will look to take plenty of wickets here.
Howzat Dream Team
- Wicketkeeper: R Chakabva
- Batters: M Hossain, B Taylor, T Iqbal
- All-rounders: M Hasan, S Hasan, S Raza
- Bowlers: L Jongwe, B Muzarabani, T Ahmed, M Saifuddin
- Captain: T Iqbal/M Hasan
- Vice Captain: R Chakabva/S Raza
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can make your fantasy 11 and play fantasy cricket matches. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 11 is announced by each team (30 minutes before the start of the match) as some players you have selected might not be part of the team suggested.
Get fantasy cricket tips on your favorite fantasy sports app and select your own team, Howzat!