ZIMBABWE VS. BANGLADESH: BANG’S TOUR OF ZIM 2021, 3rd ODI | MATCH PREDICTION AND FANTASY CRICKET TIPS
Hosts Zimbabwe take on Bangladesh in the third and final ODI of the series at the Harare Sports Club on Tuesday. It is part of the ICC ODI Super League.
Although Zimbabwe put up a much better fight in the second ODI, they will be disappointed to have let go of a winning position. After posting a par total of 240 runs, they had Bangladesh struggling but could not deliver the final blow. Wesley Madhevere top scored in the innings, while captain Brendan Taylor looked good before suffering a bizarre hit-wicket dismissal, which ultimately turned out to be a key moment in the game. Most of the bowlers did well, picking up key wickets and being fairly economical.
For Bangladesh, it got too close for comfort as they chased down the target with just 3 wickets remaining to secure a series victory. They will now be focussed on completing a series sweep. Shakib Al Hasan played a key role once again, this time with the bat, to see his side home with 5 balls to spare. The bowling attack is strong with the presence of the pacers like Shoriful and spinners like Shakib and Mehidy Hasan. With the series secured, expect a few changes to the playing XI in this match.
Despite having secured the series, Bangladesh will want to keep their performance up and take crucial Super League points. On the other hand, it will be a matter of pride for Zimbabwe to get one over the visitors before the T20 series. Expect an entertaining game of ODI cricket at the Harare Sports Club on Tuesday.
- Match: Zimbabwe vs. Bangladesh, 3rd ODI
- Venue: Harare Sports Club, Harare
- Date & Time: Jul. 20 2021, at 1 PM IST/9:30 AM Local
Probable Playing XI
Tadiwanashe Marumani, Wesley Madhevere, Brendan Taylor (C), Regis Chakabva (WK), Dion Myers, Sikandar Raza, Ryan Burl, Luke Jongwe, Richard Ngarava, Tendai Chatara, Blessing Muzarabani
Tamim Iqbal (C), Liton Das (WK), Shakib Al Hasan, Mohammad Naim, Nurul Hasan, Mahmudullah, Afif Hossain, Mehidy Hasan, Mohammad Saifuddin, Mustafizur Rahman, Shoriful Islam
Weather and Pitch Report
Harare is expected to have mostly sunny weather during the match. The temperature will be around 20 degrees during the game.
The pitch at the Harare Sports Club is generally a good batting wicket. Although there will be early assistance to the pace bowlers from the surface, it will allow batsmen for good stroke play throughout the match. Spinners will get assistance as the match progresses into the second half. The average first-innings score in the last five ODIs played here has been 233 runs.
Keeping in mind the early morning moisture and the recent record at this venue, the captain winning the toss will most likely opt to field first. A first-innings score of around 250 can be a challenging total on this surface.
Top Fantasy Picks
- Brendan Taylor’s solid innings with the bat was cut short by a bizarre dismissal in the second ODI. He scored 46 runs before getting hit-wicket in the weirdest way possible. He has been Zimbabwe’s consistent scorer on this tour, making 243 in the four innings played.
- Wesley Madhevere batted well in the second ODI, scoring his 3rd ODI fifty and the team’s only half century in the match. Playing in the middle order, he held the innings and helped the hosts to a challenging total. He also bowled his whole 10 overs and took 1 for 39.
- Luke Jongwe has continued his good form with the ball for Zimbabwe. He followed his 3-wicket haul in the first ODI with a spell of 2 for 46 in the second one. It included the key wickets of Tamim Iqbal and Mehidy Hasan. Expect him to take a few more wickets here.
- Tamim Iqbal looked in good touch before getting dismissed for 20 runs in the second ODI. He has scored 7554 runs in 218 ODIs, including 13 centuries. After registering consecutive low scores, he will want to score a big knock in the final ODI here.
- Shakib Al Hasan has been the main difference between the two sides in this series so far. If it was his bowling that did the trick in the first ODI, he came good with the bat in the second ODI. He scored a masterful 96 runs and guided his team to an important victory.
- Shoriful Islam will be delighted with the way he bowled in the second ODI. He rattled the Zimbabwe batters in the final overs and did not let them score easily off his bowling. He finished with his best ODI figures of 4 for 46.
Howzat Dream Team
- Wicketkeepers: R Chakabva, L Das
- Batsmen: M Naim, B Taylor, T Iqbal
- All-rounders: W Madhevere, S Hasan, S Raza
- Bowlers: L Jongwe, M Rahman, S Islam
- Captain: T Iqbal/M Rahman
- Vice Captain: B Taylor/W Madhevere
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can make your fantasy 11 and play fantasy cricket matches. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 11 is announced by each team (30 minutes before the start of the match) as some players you have selected might not be part of the team suggested.
Get fantasy cricket tips on your favorite fantasy sports app and select your own team, Howzat!