The 2021 edition of the Indian T20 League is off to a great start. It was a cliffhanger of a game between Mumbai and Bangalore. The second game will see MS Dhoni’s Chennai take on Rishabh Pant’s Delhi on Saturday in Mumbai.
A lot of players have withdrawn from the tournament due to injuries, bubble fatigue or other personal reasons. On the other hand, some players will be missing out on the initial few matches and are expected to join their respective teams later in the league.
So let’s take a look at the complete list of players for each of the two teams that will be available for their opening match of the tournament.
- Batsmen: Faf du Plessis, Ambati Rayudu, Ruturaj Gaikwad, Suresh Raina, Cheteshwar Pujara, Chezhian Harinishanth
- All-rounders: Ravindra Jadeja, Dwayne Bravo, Sam Curran, Mitchell Santner, Moeen Ali, Bhagath Varma
- Wicketkeepers: MS Dhoni (C), Narayan Jagadeesan, Robin Uthappa
- Spin bowlers: Karan Sharma, Imran Tahir, Krishnappa Gowtham, R Sai Kishore
- Fast bowlers: Deepak Chahar, Shardul Thakur, Jason Behrendorff, Lungi Ngidi, KM Asif, Harishankar Reddy
- Players Withdrawn: Josh Hazlewood
- Replacement: Jason Behrendorff
- Players who’ll miss the opening game: Lungi Ngidi
Josh Hazlewood has withdrawn from the 2021 edition due to bubble fatigue. He has been part of different bio-bubbles for the past 10 months. Fellow countryman Jason Behrendorff has been signed in as his replacement for the season. Behrendorff has played in 11 ODIs and seven T20Is so far. This is Behrendorff’s second team, having previously represented Mumbai in 2019 where he played five matches.
Meanwhile, South Africa’s Lungi Ngidi will miss the first game of the 2021 season as he is serving his mandatory 7-day quarantine period. He joined the squad after the second ODI of the South Africa vs. Pakistan series on Sunday.
- Batsmen: Shikhar Dhawan, Prithvi Shaw, Ajinkya Rahane, Shimron Hetmyer, Steve Smith, Ripal Patel
- All-rounders: Marcus Stoinis, Axar Patel, Chris Woakes, Lalit Yadav
- Wicketkeepers: Rishabh Pant (C), Sam Billings, Vishnu Vinod
- Spin bowlers: Pravin Dubey, Ravichandran Ashwin, Amit Mishra, Manimaran Siddharth
- Fast bowlers: Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje, Avesh Khan, Ishant Sharma, Umesh Yadav, Lukman Meriwala, Tom Curran
Players Withdrawn: Shreyas Iyer (injured)
Players who’ll miss the opening game: Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje and Axar Patel (Covid-19)
Delhi captain Shreyas Iyer will miss the entire 2021 season after sustaining a shoulder injury on the field during the ODI series against England. Rishabh Pant has been appointed as the new captain for this season.
Meanwhile, the South African pace duo of Anrich Nortje and Kagiso Rabada will miss the opening game after arriving from the South Africa vs.Pakistan ODI series on Sunday. They are currently serving the mandatory 7-day quarantine. Axar Patel will also miss the first few games after testing positive for COVID-19. He has to show two negative results and then complete a 10-day quarantine before joining the squad.
Howzat is hosting all the matches from the Indian T20 League. You can get access to match predictions and the latest news on the Howzat blog. Download the app now, make your fantasy league team & start winning every day!