Chennai and Mumbai will battle in Match 59 of the Indian T20 League 2022 at the Wankhede Stadium on Thursday evening. Mumbai are currently placed 10th, with just 2 wins, and are eliminated from the play-offs, whereas Chennai are placed 9th and one loss away from elimination. Chennai defeated Mumbai by 3 wickets when they met for the first time earlier this season.
Team Chennai, the defending champions, have won just 4 out of their 11 matches and a win here will take them to the 6th position in the points tally. They defeated Delhi in the last game by a huge margin of 91 runs. D. Conway scored 87 runs with the bat while M. Ali took 3/13 with the ball. The team will be hoping for a similar result in this match. R. Jadeja is injured and out of the tournament. Chennai have lost both their two games played here this season.
It has been a horror season for Team Mumbai and its players as they seem to finish last in the points table. Their 2-match winning run was broken by a 52 runs loss against Kolkata in the last match. Wicketkeeper I. Kishan scored 51 runs, while J. Bumrah registered figures of 5/10 in his 4 overs. S. Yadav is injured and out of the tournament. Mumbai have lost their only game played here this season.
- Match: Chennai vs. Mumbai, Match 59
- Venue: Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai
- Date & Time: May 12, 2022, at 7:30 PM IST
Chennai vs. Mumbai Match 59 Probable Playing XIs
R. Gaikwad, D. Conway, S. Dube, R. Uthappa, A. Rayudu, M. Ali, M.S. Dhoni (C, WK), D. Bravo, S. Singh, M. Theekshana, M. Choudhary
R. Sharma (C), I. Kishan (WK), T. Varma, R. Singh, T. David, T. Stubbs, D. Sams, H. Shokeen, K. Kartikeya, J. Bumrah, R. Meredith
Mumbai vs Chennai HEAD-TO-HEAD RECORD
|Matches||Chennai Wins||Mumbai Wins||Tie/NR|
|Indian T20 League||14||19||0|
|Last 5 Matches||3||2||0|
Though it will be slightly cloudy, this will be another warm summer evening in Mumbai, with the temperature 30°C at the start of play.
Pitch Report For Chennai vs. Mumbai Match
The usually batting-friendly Wankhede pitches have been hard to predict this season. The lowest total defended has been 165 runs, and a target of 195 has been chased down. But teams have managed to chase down over 170 runs just twice.
Chasing teams have won 8 of the 15 matches played here, though there was a 5-game streak in between where the side batting first won every match.
TOP FANTASY PICKS For Chennai vs. Mumbai Match
- D. Conway has lit up the tournament after being back in Chennai’s playing 11. He has scored back-to-back half-centuries in his last 3 innings including a brilliant 87 runs off 49 balls against Delhi in the last match. Expect him to be among the runs against a struggling bowling unit like Mumbai’s.
- M. Ali has come back strongly for Chennai after missing 4 games in the middle part of the tournament. He scored 44 runs and took 5 wickets with the bat in the last 2 matches. Moeen had his best figures with the ball this edition in the last game, taking 3/13 in his 4 overs. He will be a key player once again here.
- D. Bravo has been in and out of the side due to injury and team combinations this season. Despite that, he is the leading wicket-taker for Chennai with 16 wickets in 9 matches at an average of 17.68, a slightly high economy rate of 8.75, and a strike rate of 12.1. Bravo has picked up 9 wickets in the last 4 matches including a 3/23 against Gujarat.
- I. Kishan has started to show some consistency with the bat after a string of low scores. He has scores of 51, 45 and 26 in the last 3 matches and has made 321 runs in 11 matches at an average of 32.10 and a strike rate of 117.15 including 3 half-centuries. Expect him to continue the good run of form.
- T. Varma is one of the few Mumbai players who had a good season with the bat. He is the team’s leading run-scorer with 334 runs in 11 matches at an average of 37.11 and a strike rate of 136.32. Varma was dismissed for a single-digit score in the last game against Kolkata and would be hoping to make a comeback in this match.
- J. Bumrah became the highest wicket taker of the season for Mumbai in a space of just one match. He has taken 10 wickets across his name at an average of 31.40 and an economy rate of 7.41. In the last match against Kolkata, Bumrah took 5 wickets and gave away just 10 runs in his 4 overs.
Chennai vs. Mumbai Match HOWZAT DREAM TEAM
- Wicketkeeper: I. Kishan
- Batters: A. Rayudu, D. Conway, R. Sharma, T. Varma
- All-rounders: M. Ali, D. Sams
- Bowlers: D. Bravo, M. Chowdhary, M. Theekshana, J. Bumrah
- Captain: D. Conway/D. Bravo
- Vice Captain: J. Bumrah/T. Varma
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can select your own team from today’s fantasy match prediction and play all the fantasy cricket matches of the Indian T20 League 2022. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 11 is announced by each team (30 minutes before the start of the match) as some players you have selected might not be part of the team playing.
Download the favorite fantasy cricket app and select your own team, Howzat!