WEST INDIES VS INDIA: 3rd ODI | TODAY'S CRICKET MATCH PREDICTION AND TOP FANTASY PICKS
It’s a sign of how low West Indies’ cricket’s fortunes have plummeted that pushing an Indian cricket team missing half a dozen first-choice players to the limit is being considered a sign of progress. P. Simmons, their coach, was part of a mighty team that hammered India 6-1 on their turf in 1987-88. Now, his side have lost 7 games in a row to India, and 8 ODIs in succession.
India have used this series to take a good look at the bench strength. The likes of S. Gill, S. Samson, A. Patel and M. Siraj made good use of their opportunities, but more was expected from players like S. Yadav and P. Krishna. A. Khan struggled on his ODI debut, but may get one more chance, while India will also hope that Y. Chahal can put a rare blip behind him.
S. Hope scored a fine hundred in the second game, but the West Indies opener was once again criticized for his scoring rate. The bowlers, especially the new-ball duo of A. Joseph and J. Seales, kept India in check for most of the chase, only for two sloppy overs at the death and A. Patel’s thrilling hitting to cost them the game.
This series is not part of the World Cup Super League, and India may already have clinched it, but there’s plenty at stake for both teams in the final match of the series. Indian eyes will be on making next year’s World Cup squad, while West Indies – once the kings of world cricket – will be desperate to simply get back to winning ways.
- Match: West Indies vs India 3rd ODI
- Venue: Queens Park Oval, Port of Spain, Trinidad
- Date & Time: July 27 2022, at 7 PM IST
- Live Streaming: FanCode App
WEST INDIES VS INDIA 3rd ODI PROBABLE PLAYING XIs
S. Hope (WK), K. Mayers, S. Brooks, B. King, N. Pooran (C), K. Carty, J. Holder, A. Hosein, K. Paul, H. Walsh, J. Seales
S. Dhawan (C), S. Gill, S. Iyer, S. Yadav, S. Samson (WK), D. Hooda, A. Patel, S. Thakur, P. Krishna, Y. Chahal, M. Siraj
India vs West Indies Head-to-head ODI Record
Passing showers are forecast for the afternoon, though they shouldn’t stop the match from being completed. The temperature will be around 29°C at the start of play, going up to about 31°C by noon.
Ind vs WI 3rd ODI Pitch Report
The two matches played so far have made a mockery of the Queen’s Park Oval’s historic reputation as a low-scoring venue. Though there has been some encouragement for the pace bowlers in particular, both teams have crossed the 300-run mark in each game. Expect more of the same in this match as well.
India’s tense 2-wicket win in the second game was only the 3rd time in 9 matches across the past decade that the chasing side has won at this venue. Batting first remains the favored option here.
TOP FANTASY PICKS FOR WI VS IND 3rd ODI Match
Team West Indies
- S. Hope has 13 centuries and an outstanding average of 49.91 from 95 ODI innings. His strike rate of 75.11, though, is pedestrian by modern standards, and West Indies will want him to play out fewer dot balls.
- K. Mayers has been able to provide quick starts in the previous two ODI matches of this series. In the last match, he scored 39 runs, took two important wickets with the ball and a catch to dismiss the Indian captain. He has made 114 runs and has 2 wickets to his name in the series so far.
- A. Joseph pace will be a threat with both new ball and old. First and foremost, he is a wicket taker, as evidenced by 82 wickets from just 51 ODIs. His economy rate of 5.21 is also excellent, given that he bowls mostly when the field is up in the circle.
- S. Iyer would want to play the West Indies team every other day. Scoring his 7th half-century in 8 innings against the Caribbean side continued his good run with the bat. He has now scored 463 runs against them at an average of 57.87 and a strike rate of 97.47.
- S. Samson marked a 1st half century in his 3rd ODI with a 51-ball 54 that kept India in the last game. He may lose his place when V. Kohli and company return, but he has done his chances of making the 2023 World Cup squad no harm.
- A. Patel thrilling 35-ball 64 helped India clinch the series in the seocnd ODI. He is now putting serious pressure on R. Jadeja for the spin all-rounder’s spot. In 40 ODIs, he has taken 46 wickets at a superb economy rate of 4.46.
WI VS IND 3rd ODI SUGGESTED HOWZAT TEAM
- Wicketkeepers: N. Pooran, S. Samson, S. Hope
- Batters: S. Iyer, S. Yadav, B. King
- All-rounders: A. Patel, K. Mayers
- Bowlers: S. Thakur, A. Hosein, A. Joseph
- Captain: S. Iyer/S. Yadav
- Vice Captain: A. Hosein/N. Pooran
IND vs WI 3rd ODI – HOWZAT Fantasy Team
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can select your own team from today’s fantasy match prediction and play all the fantasy cricket matches of the India Tour of West Indies 2022. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 11 is announced by each team (30 minutes before the start of the match) as some players you have selected might not be part of the team playing.
Download one of the favorite fantasy app and select your own team, Howzat!