Rajasthan and Delhi will take on each other in Match 58 of the Indian T20 League 2022 at the DY Patil Stadium on Wednesday evening. Rajasthan are currently 3rd in the points table, with 7 wins in 11 matches, while Delhi are placed 5th, with 5 wins and 6 losses. A win here for Rajasthan will almost make them certain of qualifying for the play-offs. Rajasthan defeated Delhi in a high-scoring match by 15 runs when they met for the first time earlier in the season.
Rajasthan Team have been playing good cricket this season, emerging as one of the most balanced line-ups in the tournament. The team registered a convincing 6-wicket win over Punjab in their last match. Opener Y. Jaiswal scored 68 runs with the bat, whereas Y. Chahal took 3 wickets with the ball. Rajasthan have a 1-2 win-loss record in their 3 games played here this season.
On the other hand, Team Delhi have struggled with consistency and are yet to win two matches in a row this season. They lost their last game against Chennai by a huge margin of 91 runs. M. Marsh was top scorer with the bat, making 25 runs, while A. Nortje took 3/42 in his spell. Delhi have lost both their matches played here this season.
- Match: Rajasthan vs. Delhi, Match 58
- Venue: DY Patil Sports Academy, Mumbai
- Date & Time: May 11, 2022, at 7:30 PM IST
Rajasthan vs. Delhi Match 58 Probable Playing XIs
J. Buttler, Y. Jaiswal, S. Samson (C, WK), D. Padikkal, D. Mitchell, R. Parag, R. Ashwin, T. Boult, Y. Chahal, P. Krishna, K. Sen
M. Singh, D. Warner, M. Marsh, R. Pant (C & WK), R. Powell, A. Patel, R. Patel, S. Thakur, K. Yadav, A. Nortje, C. Sakariya
Delhi vs Rajasthan HEAD-TO-HEAD RECORD
|Matches||Rajasthan Wins||Delhi Wins||Tie/NR|
|Indian T20 League||13||12||0|
|Last 5 Matches||2||3||0|
Though it will be slightly cloudy, this will be another warm summer evening in Mumbai, with the temperature being 29°C at the start of play
Pitch Report For Rajasthan vs. Delhi Match
This venue has seen a total above 170 chased down only once this season, and that was in the very first match played there. A total below 160 has been defended just once. The average score batting first in the tournament has been 170 runs.
Chasing teams have won 9 of 17 matches here. However, the team batting first has been victorious in the last 2 matches. With pitches getting old and becoming helpful for the bowlers in the second innings, batting first might not be a bad idea.
TOP FANTASY PICKS For Rajasthan vs. Delhi Match
- J. Buttler is having an unbelievable season with the bat. He is the current Orange Cap holder, with 618 runs at an average of 61.8 and a strike rate of 152.21, including 3 hundreds and 3 fifties. He has made 221 runs in three innings at the DY Patil Stadium this season. He also scored a century the last time he faced Delhi.
- Y. Jaiswal came back with a strong performance after failing in the first three matches and subsequently being dropped from the playing 11. He was adjudged the Player of the Match against Punjab for this 68-run innings off 41 balls.
- Y. Chahal was back to his best against Punjab (3/28) after a wicketless spell against Kolkata. He is the current Purple Cap holder, with 22 wickets at an average of 14.50, an economy rate of 7.25 and a strike rate of 12. Chahal has taken 4 wickets in the three matches played here.
- D. Warner is the leading run scorer for Delhi this season. He has scored 375 runs in nine matches at an average of 53.57 and a strike rate of 156.90, including 4 half centuries. Whenever Warner has scored runs at the top of the order, Delhi have performed well. He will need to play a big innings if Delhi want to keep their play-off hopes alive.
- M. Marsh is a quality player and a match-winner in the T20 format. Despite looking good with the bat, he has scored over 30 runs only once in five matches. But now that he is bowling on a regular basis and picking up a wicket or two, he can be a crucial player in this match with both the bat and the ball.
- K. Yadav has been taken for plenty of runs in his last three matches while picking up only 1 wicket. Despite that, he is Delhi’s highest wicket taker, with 18 wickets in 11 matches at an average of 19.55 and a strike rate of 13.2. He will be looking to comeback with a big performance for his team in this match.
Rajasthan vs. Delhi Match HOWZAT DREAM TEAM
- Wicketkeepers: J. Buttler, R. Pant
- Batters: D. Warner, M. Marsh, Y. Jaiswal, D. Padikkal
- All-rounder: R. Ashwin
- Bowlers: A. Nortje, K. Yadav, Y. Chahal, P. Krishna
- Captain: Y. Chahal/J. Buttler
- Vice Captain: D. Warner/M. Marsh
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can select your own team from today’s fantasy match prediction and play all the fantasy cricket matches of the Indian T20 League 2022. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 11 is announced by each team (30 minutes before the start of the match) as some players you have selected might not be part of the team playing.
Download your favorite fantasy app and select your own team, Howzat!