The Indian T20 League season has reached that stage now where every little lapse can cost a team a play-off berth. Bangalore go into this match knowing that victory will pretty much stamp their passage into the last 4, while Punjab know that defeat almost certainly means the end of their hopes for yet another season.
Both teams have hit a sticky patch in recent weeks, with 3 defeats each from their last 5 matches, but Bangalore have rebounded with consecutive wins against Chennai and Hyderabad that see them poised to make another play-off appearance.
The Hyderabad game saw V. Kohli fall for his 3rd golden duck of the season, and more is certainly expected from him and G. Maxwell as we get to the matches that really matter. So far, Bangalore have relied on their bowling, the consistency of F. du Plessis and the brilliant hitting of D. Karthik to stay in contention.
Punjab have had strong individual displays, but they’ve struggled to find any consistency as a team. J. Bairstow showed signs of a welcome return to form in the last match, and they will hope that R. Chahar finds the leg-spin magic he had in the season’s opening games.
For fantasy cricket regulars, Bangalore’s W. Hasaranga is one to watch. He had the unenviable task of replacing Y. Chahal in the team and has done a splendid job, taking 21 wickets to Chahal’s 23 so far.
Punjab chased down a target of 206 to win their first meeting of the 2022 season, and have dominated this rivalry in recent seasons.
- Match: Bangalore vs. Punjab, Match 60
- Venue: Brabourne Stadium, Mumbai
- Date & Time: May 13, 2022, at 7:30 PM IST
Bangalore vs. Punjab Match 60 Probable Playing XIs
V. Kohli, F. du Plessis (C), G. Maxwell, R. Patidar, M. Lomror, D. Karthik (WK), W. Hasaranga, S. Ahmed, H. Patel, J. Hazlewood, M. Siraj
J. Bairstow, S. Dhawan, B. Rajapaksa, M. Agarwal (C), L. Livingstone, J. Sharma (WK), R. Dhawan, K. Rabada, R. Chahar, A. Singh, H. Brar
Punjab vs. Bangalore HEAD-TO-HEAD RECORD
|Matches||Bangalore Wins||Punjab Wins||Tie/NR|
|Indian T20 League||13||16||0|
|Last 5 Matches||1||4||0|
This is a late-evening start, and though summer has set in, the teams can expect a temperature of around 30°C at the start of play.
Pitch Report For Bangalore vs. Punjab Match
The pitches at the Brabourne have seen 4 totals in excess of 200, but it’s also here that Bangalore were dismissed for 68, and Punjab for 115. A high-scoring encounter is expected.
Teams batting second have won 7 of 13 matches here, with 177 being the smallest score to be defended successfully.
TOP FANTASY PICKS For Bangalore vs. Punjab Match
- G. Maxwell is an impact player in the middle order for Bangalore. He has scored 193 runs in 9 matches at an average of 24.12 and a strike rate of 167.82. Maxwell has 2 scores of 30+ runs in the last 3 matches and has taken 3 wickets as well.
- W. Hasaranga may not have made an impact with the bat, but he’s been a real game-changer with ball in hand. His 21 wickets, behind only Y. Chahal, has come at an economy rate of 7.85.
- J. Hazlewood has done for Bangalore what he did during Chennai’s title-winning season last year. Batters have struggled with the bounce and accuracy, and his 13 wickets from eight games have come at a cost of just 6.81 runs an over.
- S. Dhawan is the highest run-scorer for Punjab this season. He has scored 381 runs in 11 matches at an average of 42.33 and a strike rate of 122.11. Dhawan has made 3 half-centuries in the tournament, 2 of which have come in the last 5 matches.
- L. Livingstone has been one of the stars of the season, with his performances matching the reputation he had made for himself in other T20 leagues. His 315 runs have come at a superb strike rate of 184.21.
- K. Rabada has been a touch expensive (economy rate of 8.72), but he has that happy knack of taking wickets. There have been 18 wickets so far in 10 games, the most for any pace bowler in this edition.
Bangalore vs. Punjab Match HOWZAT DREAM TEAM
- Wicketkeepers: D. Karthik, J. Bairstow
- Batters: F. du Plessis, S. Dhawan, B. Rajapaksa
- All-rounders: L. Livingstone, G. Maxwell
- Bowlers: K. Rabada, J. Hazlewood, W. Hasaranga, R. Chahar
- Captain: W. Hasaranga/L. Livingstone
- Vice Captain: K. Rabada/G. Maxwell
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can select your own team from today’s fantasy match prediction and play all the fantasy cricket matches of the Indian T20 League 2022. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 11 is announced by each team (30 minutes before the start of the match) as some players you have selected might not be part of the team playing.
Download your favorite Howzat fantasy app and select your own team!