BRISBANE H VS. MELBOURNE R: AUSTRALIA T20 LEAGUE 2021-22, MATCH 11 | PREDICTION, PLAYING 11 AND FANTASY CRICKET TIPS
Brisbane H take on Melbourne R in Match 11 of the Australia T20 League 2021-22 at the Metricon Stadium in Gold Coast on Monday evening.
Brisbane have not started the season well, with two consecutive losses, against Sydney T and Perth S, in their first two matches of the season. Despite some notable performances with the bat, the batting, in general, has been poor from Brisbane. The team will look for a better show in front of their home crowd in this match.
On the other hand, Melbourne R started their season with a thrilling 2-run victory over Adelaide but lost to the same opposition by 49 runs just two days later. The last few season’s batting struggles were evident in the last game and it will take a big effort from the team to get back to winning ways here.
- Game: Brisbane H vs. Melbourne R, Match 11
- Venue: Metricon Stadium, Gold Coast
- Date & Time: Dec. 13, 2021, at 1:45 PM IST/7:15 PM Local
Probable Playing XI
Chris Lynn, Max Bryant, Ben Duckett, Sam Heazlett, Jimmy Peirson (C & WK), Tom Abell, James Bazley, Xavier Bartlett, Mujeeb ur Rahman, Mitchell Swepson, Liam Guthrie
Sam Harper (WK), Mackenzie Harvey, Jake Fraser-McGurk, Nic Maddinson (C), James Seymour, Mohammad Nabi, Will Sutherland, Jack Prestwidge, Kane Richardson, Reece Topley, Zahir Khan
The temperature should be around 23 degrees when the game starts, with mostly clear skies during the game.
The surface at the Metricon Stadium has been a good one for the bowlers, with more help for the pacers. Batters will need to apply themselves before going for the big shots. The average first-innings score during the previous season on this ground was 156.
The team bowling first has managed to win 5 out of the 6 T20s played here last season. A first-innings score of around 170 runs can be pretty competitive on this ground.
Top Fantasy Picks
- Ben Duckett is a more preferred pick in this category. He is a more accomplished batter and was impressive with the bat in Brisbane’s first match against Sydney, scoring 46 runs off 35 balls. He will look to play a big innings in this match.
- Chris Lynn has been the star batter for Brisbane for a long time, but is yet to find his zone in this season. He has scored just 36 runs in the last two matches at a strike rate of less than 100. He is dangerous at the top of the order and does not take much time to get back into form.
- Mohammad Nabi is an experienced campaigner, having played for different franchises across the globe. He is yet to fire in the 2 matches played this season, with just 24 runs and no wickets. Expect a big performance from him.
- Kane Richardson has been brilliant with the ball for Melbourne so far this season. His variations have been spot-on and have already resulted in 5 wickets in two matches at an economy rate of 7, with best figures of 4/32 coming in the last match.
Howzat Dream Team
- Wicketkeeper: Ben Duckett
- Batters: Chris Lynn, Sam Heazlett, Mackenzie Harvey, Nic Maddinson
- All-rounders: James Bazley, Mohammad Nabi
- Bowlers: Mujeeb ur Rahman, Xavier Bartlett, Kane Richardson, Zahir Khan
- Captain: Chris Lynn/Mujeeb ur Rahman
- Vice Captain: Kane Richardson/Mohammad Nabi
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can select your own team from today’s fantasy cricket match prediction and play all the upcoming matches of India from the tour of South Africa. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 11 is announced by each team (30 minutes before the start of the match) as some players you have selected might not be part of the team suggested.
Get fantasy cricket tips on your favorite fantasy sports app and select your own team, Howzat!