Who is God of Cricket in World and Why? Sachin Tendulkar to Rohit Sharma
While searching for the God of cricket there would be only one name that would come up in your results and that is Sachin Tendulkar. Famously called the ‘Master Blaster’, Sachin is known for his extraordinary and memorable career in cricket in terms of numbers and longevity.
Today's generation of players may find scoring a century or double century in ODI and Test Matches as being simple and easy. However, throughout Sachin's cricket career, he faced off against a number of world-class bowlers that too on difficult surfaces. Below is the list of his records in international cricket.
Sachin Tendulkar: God of Cricket - International Cricket Records
Let us look at some unique records that made Sachin Tendulkar the God of cricket.
- Sachin Tendulkar scored total 34357 runs in all format test, odi and T20I cricket
- Sachin Tendulkar has played the most number of Test matches (200) in cricket history
- Sachin has scored the most runs (15,921), and most centuries (51) in the Test format
- Sachin Tendulkar has played the most number of ODI matches (463), scored the most ODI runs (18,426), and most ODI centuries (49) in cricket history
- Sachin is the only cricketer to score 100 centuries in international cricket
- Only cricketer to score 5 Test 100s in international cricket before turning 20 years old.
- Sachin holds the record of the longest ODI career at 22 years and 91 days
- Sachin made 673 runs in 11 matches during the 2003 Cricket World Cup in South Africa. This is the maximum any player has scored in a single World Cup edition
- Sachin has the record of most ODI runs scored (1894 runs in the year 1998) by an individual batter in a calendar year
Also read: Who is Known as the King of Cricket
Sachin Tendulkar a.k.a God of Cricket made his international cricket debut for India in a Test match against Pakistan in 1989. He motivated the younger generation to pick up the bat and play for the country. Many of the current Indian cricketers, like MS Dhoni, Rohit Sharma, Yuvraj Singh, and Virat Kohli, looked up to him as an inspiration.
Calling Sachin Tendulkar the god of cricket in world comes with a significant number of reasons. He is not only admired for his way of handling the stardom that came with the game, he is known to keep his composure under pressure. Apart from achieving several unthinkable milestones, he was and will always be a great cricket player.
Sachin Tendulkar in his cricket career earned several nicknames from his dearest fans like Little Master, Master Blaster, and many more, and is very commonly known as the God of cricket.
Throughout the years, Sachin played several memorable knocks for the Mumbai Team in the Indian T20 League, including a century. He won the Orange Cap in the 2010 season, making 618 runs in 15 matches.
Who is the New God Of Cricket Now?
After the legendary cricket player Sachin Tendulkar retired in the year 2013, every cricket fan is out looking to know who is the new God of Cricket. And very few people can only predict who would be able to carry the title of God of Cricket. But, Rohit Sharma is one cricketer who is surely next in line to be called the new god of cricket. He is a well-known prolific run-scorer in all formats of the game.
Let us understand why Rohit Sharma is called the new god of cricket.
Rohit Sharma: New God of Cricket - International Cricket Stats
|Indian T20 League||227||5879||109||30.3||1||40|
* Updated on 24 Sep. 2022
Also read: Largest Cricket Stadium in the World
Indian cricket team is known for giving the world some exceptional and talented cricketers of all times like MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli and Yuvraj Singh. But still, Rohit Sharma is the one who has made his way with unparalleled performances and immense consistency with the bat.
Some unique records that makes Rohit Sharma the second God of cricket.
- Rohit Sharma is the only player to have scored a double century on more than one occasion (3) in ODIs. He has also scored the most number of T20I centuries (4).
- In 2013, he set a new benchmark by hitting 16 sixes in his innings of 209 runs against Australia, making it the most sixes hit in a single ODI innings by a player.
- Rohit is the second Indian to score a century in all formats of international cricket, after Suresh Raina. Now KL Rahul and Virat Kolhi have joined the list.
- Rohit’s highest score in ODI cricket is a mind-boggling 264 runs, which is also the record for the highest individual score in ODIs.
- Sharma’s tally of ODI centuries currently stands at 29, the second-highest among all the current players. Most of these centuries have come against Australia (8) and Sri Lanka (6).
- In the 2019 Cricket World Cup, he became the first batsman to score 5 centuries in one World Cup.
- Rohit has hit 250 sixes in his ODI career, the highest among all the current players and fourth-highest overall.
- Rohit Sharma holds the world record for scoring the joint-fastest century off 35 balls in a T20I.
- Rohit Sharma holds the world record for hitting the most number of sixes (176) in T20 Internationals.
Also read: Longest Six in Cricket History
Who is the new god of cricket in the world?
After Sachin Tendulkar, Rohit Sharma is known as the new god of cricket in the cricket world.
Who is the father of cricket?
Willian Gilbert Grace was an English cricketer, known as the father of cricket. Being a big-time cricket enthusiast he gave his heart and soul to playing cricket. From 1865 to 1908, he tried to make his future in cricket. Coincidentally, he played his first (year 1880) and last match against Australia.
Who is the god of T20 cricket?
Rohit Sharma has surely bagged the title of New God of Cricket in the T20. He is known for his exquisite timing and batting skills.
Which Country Invented Cricket?
South-east England invented the game of cricket in the beginning in the late 16th century and it became an established sport in the country in the 18th century & developed globally in the 19th and 20th centuries.