Hyderabad sit at the bottom of the ladder with just 2 points from seven matches. They suffered yet another loss in their last game against Rajasthan. Although the leadership was changed in the last match along with several changes in the side, their struggles on the ground remained the same. The bowling attack was torn apart by Jos Buttler in the last game and a better response is needed from the likes of Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Sandeep Sharma. The new opening pair of Manish Pandey and Jonny Bairstow got the side off to a good start but then everything went south as soon as they got dismissed. The rest of the batting failed to make any big contributions. It is going to be an uphill battle for them in the remainder of the matches.
Mumbai’s campaign is back on track after two consecutive wins in the Delhi leg. It was a great run chase in the last game against Chennai, where they ended up winning off the last ball. Quinton de Kock has hit form and will look to provide a good start here along with the skipper. In Krunal Pandya and Kieron Pollard, the side has two players in great form at the moment. Hardik Pandya and James Neesham add strength to the batting line-up with their hitting abilities. In the bowling department, all the pace bowlers were expensive in the last match. Rahul Chahar bowled smartly, with Pollard picking up the key wickets.
Mumbai won against Hyderabad earlier in the season in a very close game. With both teams looking to grab the crucial 2 points, expect a cracking game of T20 cricket on Tuesday at Delhi.
- Match: Hyderabad vs. Mumbai, Match 31
- Venue: Arun Jaitley Stadium, Delhi
- Date & Time: May 4, 2021, at 7:30 PM IST
- Head-to-Head Record: Hyderabad (8) – Mumbai (9)
- Last 5 Games Record: Hyderabad (1) – Mumbai (4)
- Average 1st Innings Score (Last 5 Games): 179 runs
- Chasing Record (Last 5 Games): Won 3, Lost 2
Probable Playing XI
Jonny Bairstow (WK), Manish Pandey, Kane Williamson (C), Kedar Jadhav, Vijay Shankar, Mohammad Nabi, Abdul Samad, Rashid Khan, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Sandeep Sharma, Khaleel Ahmed
Rohit Sharma (C), Quinton de Kock (WK), Suryakumar Yadav, Kieron Pollard, Krunal Pandya, Hardik Pandya, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Rahul Chahar, Dhawal Kulkarni, Jasprit Bumrah, Trent Boult
Weather and Pitch Report
Delhi is expected to have clear weather during the match. The temperature will be around 36 degrees during the game.
The pitch at the Arun Jaitley Stadium is quite good for batting and has seen high-scoring games in the previous matches. Although there is a little bit of assistance to the pace bowlers early in the match, run-scoring is fairly easy. Batsmen can hit through the line and clear short boundaries easily. Expect spin to play an important role in the first innings.
With the dew factor in mind, both captains will look to field first on winning the toss. The pitch will get easier to bat on as the match progresses. A first-innings score of around 190 runs should be a competitive one.
Top Fantasy Picks
- Rohit Sharma is the top run scorer for Mumbai, with 250 runs at a strike rate of 128.2. Although he got starts in all the previous seven games, only one of them got converted into a big score. With a struggling bowling line-up and a pleasant surface, expect him to play a big innings here.
- Quinton De Kock has hit form after making a few single-digit scores earlier in the tournament. He has scored 108 runs in the last two matches in Delhi at a strike rate of 138.46. He will look to capitalize on his current good form here.
- Rahul Chahar failed to pick up a wicket for only the second time in the last seven matches. Nevertheless, he was economical and kept the opponents tied up in the middle overs. He is the highest wicket taker of the team, with 11 wickets to his name and the best figures of 4/27.
- Jonny Bairstow is leading the scoring chart for Hyderabad this season, with 248 runs in seven matches at a strike rate of 141.71. He has been consistent at the top of the order, whereas the others have struggled to score runs freely. He scored 43 in the last match against Mumbai.
- Kane Williamson has taken over the captaincy duties from Warner. He is a quality player and has a high possibility of opening the innings here. He has made 128 runs in four innings, getting dismissed just once. He will look to lead with an example in this match.
- Rashid Khan is usually very economical in his spell, as reflected in his economy rate of 6.14 after seven matches. He picked up 10 wickets in the tournament so far and is the most dangerous bowler against the strong batting line-up of Mumbai.
Howzat Dream Team
- Wicketkeepers: J Bairstow, Q de Kock
- Batsmen: K Williamson, R Sharma, S Yadav
- All-rounders: V Shankar, M Nabi
- Bowlers: T Boult, R Chahar, N Coulter-Nile, R Khan
- Captain: T Boult/R Chahar
- Vice Captain: R Sharma/K Williamson
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can select your own fantasy 11, and play all the fantasy cricket matches from the Indian T20 League in the coming days. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 11 is announced by each team (30 minutes before the start of the match) as some players you have selected might not be part of the team suggested.
Get fantasy cricket tips on your favorite fantasy sports app and select your own team, Howzat!