HYDERABAD VS. MUMBAI: INDIAN T20 LEAGUE 2021, MATCH 55 | PREDICTION, PLAYING 11 AND FANTASY CRICKET TIPS
In the final group fixture of a long campaign, Hyderabad take on defending champions Mumbai in Match 55 of the Indian T20 League at Abu Dhabi on Friday evening.
Hyderabad dashed Bangalore’s hopes of finishing in the top 2 by beating them by 4 runs in their previous match. This was just their 3rd win in the tournament and the team will be looking to end the season on a winning note.
Mumbai, on the other hand, have been very inconsistent in the second leg and won only 2 of their 6 matches. They are currently placed 6th in the points table with 12 points and need a big win here to qualify for the play-offs. The team will be confident after a thumping win over Rajasthan in the previous match.
- Game: Hyderabad vs. Mumbai, Match 55
- Venue: Sheikh Zayed Cricket Stadium, Abu Dhabi
- Date & Time: Oct. 8, 2021, at 7:30 PM IST/6 PM Local
Probable Playing XI
Jason Roy, Abhishek Sharma, Kane Williamson (C), Priyam Garg, Abdul Samad, Wriddhiman Saha (WK), Jason Holder, Rashid Khan, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Siddarth Kaul, Umran Malik
Rohit Sharma (C), Ishan Kishan (WK), Suryakumar Yadav, Saurabh Tiwary, Hardik Pandya, Kieron Pollard, James Neesham, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Rahul Chahar, Trent Boult, Jasprit Bumrah
The weather in Abu Dhabi is predicted to be hot and humid, with the temperature expected to be around 33 degrees during the match.
The Abu Dhabi wicket hasn’t been as fast as it was in 2020. It has been well-balanced this time around. However, batters need to be watchful as the pitch has some assistance for pacers early on. Spinners have also enjoyed bowling in these conditions. The average first-innings score in the Indian T20 League 2021 has been 148 runs.
The teams batting second have enjoyed more success, winning 5 of the 7 matches played in the second leg. Incidentally, Hyderabad managed to defend a low total against Bangalore in the last match here. A total of around 160 should be a competitive one on this surface.
Top Fantasy Picks
- Ishan Kishan brought an end to his batting struggles in a perfect manner, scoring his first half century of the season against Rajasthan. With Mumbai likely to retain the same combination, he should bat at the top of the order and score some quick runs here.
- Jason Roy played his natural attacking game and made 44 runs in the last match against Bangalore. He has looked in good touch in the four matches played this season, scoring 116 runs at an average of 29 and a strike rate of 116.
- Rohit Sharma is yet to score a half century in the second leg, which has impacted the team’s performance this season. He is the highest run scorer for Mumbai this season, with 363 runs at an average of 30.25 and a strike rate of 126.92. He will look to score a big one here.
- Jason Holder showed his all-round skills in the last match against Bangalore by scoring a useful 16 runs and picking up a wicket at an economy rate of 6.75. He has taken 9 wickets and scored 70 runs in the six matches played in the second leg.
- Rashid Khan went for plenty in the previous match against Bangalore, which happens on rare occasions. He is the highest wicket taker for Hyderabad this season, with 16 wickets at an economy rate of 6.44. He is a genuine wicket-taking threat in the middle over
- Jasprit Bumrah has been taking wickets consistently in the second leg, with 11 wickets in the five matches played. Overall, he has taken 17 wickets this season at an average of 21 and an economy rate of less than 7.59. He will look to continue his good form in this match.
Howzat Dream Team
- Wicketkeeper: I Kishan
- Batters: J Roy, K Williamson, R Sharma, S Tiwary
- All-rounders: J Holder, K Pollard, A Sharma
- Bowlers: N Coulter Nile, J Bumrah, R Khan
- Captain: R Sharma/J Bumrah
- Vice Captain: K Williamson/J Holder
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can select your own fantasy 11, and play all the fantasy cricket matches from the Indian T20 League. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 11 is announced by each team (30 minutes before the start of the match) as some players you have selected might not be part of the team suggested.
Get fantasy cricket tips on your favorite fantasy sports app and select your own team, Howzat!