PERTH S VS. HOBART H: AUSTRALIA T20 LEAGUE 2021-22, MATCH 15 | PREDICTION, PLAYING 11 AND FANTASY CRICKET TIPS
Perth S take on Hobart H in Match 15 of the Australia T20 League 2021-22 at the Blundstone Arena in Hobart on Monday evening.
Perth S are on a roll, having won all of their three matches in the tournament so far. Their last win was a comprehensive 53-run win over Hobart at this same venue a week ago. Mitchell Marsh starred with the bat, while it was a good all-round performance by the bowlers led by Tymal Mills’ 3-wicket haul. Expect them to continue the strong start here.
On the other hand, Hobart H have managed to win only 1 of the 3 matches played so far. The batting has juggled between being poor and brilliant in the tournament. The loss in the last match will be fresh on their minds and they will be keen on settling the scores when the teams face each other once again.
- Game: Perth S vs. Hobart H, Match 15
- Venue: Blundstone Arena, Hobart
- Date & Time: Dec. 20, 2021, at 1:45 PM IST/7:15 PM Local
Probable Playing XI
Colin Munro, Kurtis Patterson, Mitchell Marsh, Josh Inglis (WK), Ashton Turner (C), Laurie Evans, Ashton Agar, Andrew Tye, Jason Behrendorff, Peter Hatzoglou, Tymal Mills
Matthew Wade (C & WK), D'Arcy Short, Caleb Jewell, Ben McDermott, Peter Handscomb, Tim David, Harry Brook, Nathan Ellis, Riley Meredith, Tom Rogers, Sandeep Lamichhane
The temperature should be around 18 degrees when the game starts, with partly cloudy skies during the game.
The surface at the Blundstone Arena has been a good one for the batters, with true bounce and less movement. Bowlers need to be clever with their lines and variations on this pitch. The average first-innings score in the last five T20s played here has been 173 runs.
The team batting first has managed to win 4 out of the last 5 T20s played here. A first-innings score of around 170 runs can be a match-winning total here.
Top Fantasy Picks
- Matthew Wade can win a match almost single-handedly for his team. He is an aggressive batter at the top of the order who can score his runs pretty quickly. Although he could not score big runs in the last match, he remains crucial for the side here.
- Colin Munro has blown hot and cold in the three matches played so far. Although he is currently the highest run scorer for Perth, all his runs have come in just one match against Sydney, where he scored 114 runs. Expect him to fire in this match.
- Mitchell Marsh was exceptional for Perth in the last game, scoring a brilliant century against Hobart in just 60 balls. He has been in excellent form with the bat and will be hoping to continue that here. Moreover, he is more than capable with the ball too.
- Nathan Ellis is the highest wicket taker for Hobart, with 5 wickets in three games at an average of 20.8 and best figures of 2/33 coming in the last match. He will be looking to pick up more wickets in this match.
Howzat Dream Team
- Wicketkeeper: Matthew Wade
- Batters: Colin Munro, Ashton Turner, Peter Handscomb
- All-rounders: Mitchell Marsh, Ashton Agar, D’Arcy Short
- Bowlers: Jason Behrendorff, Tymal Mills, Tom Rogers, Nathan Ellis
- Captain: Colin Munro/Mitchell Marsh
- Vice Captain: Matthew Wade/Nathan Ellis
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can select your own team from today’s fantasy cricket match prediction and play all the upcoming matches of India from the tour of South Africa. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 11 is announced by each team (30 minutes before the start of the match) as some players you have selected might not be part of the team suggested.
Get fantasy cricket tips on your favorite fantasy sports app and select your own team, Howzat!